The Certificate in Landscaping delivers a great introduction to what it takes to become a competent landscape designer. You will learn about the different types of plants, paths, paving, walls, and garden features, as well as landscape planning and management, designers, and garden enthusiasts.
Budding landscapers, designers, and garden enthusiasts will discover the multitude of options for creating designs from choosing which materials to use, which plants best suit a client’s needs and the prevailing conditions, how to include garden features, and how to put it all together into a coherent design.
Who's It For?
This course is a beginner-level course and will lay a sound foundation of knowledge and skills which can grow with experience and further study. As the perfect introduction course to landscape gardening, graduates from this course will have an enhanced understanding of landscaping and creating a garden, from ideation, development and planning to execution.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Landscape Construction
- Landscape design
- Garden design
- Garden maintenance
- Garden restoration or conservation
- Hobby gardeners who are wanting to expand their knowledge and expertise
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Approximately 200 hours
- 12 months to access the course content (extensions are considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Online, flexible learning when it suits you and your lifestyle
- Access to an allocated student support advisor, mentor and our experienced course consultants 5 days a week
Assessments are an important part of your study journey as they help ensure you stay on track and meet the learning objectives of each lesson before moving on to the next.
They also help your student support advisor and mentors identify where any further support may be required so that you get the most out of your course.
You will learn via various methods a combination of reading, undertaking research and watching videos. Assessments might include case studies, quizzes, and written assessments.
There are two key modules made up of 22 subjects.
Careerhouse offers online, industry-relevant courses. We’re not like other education providers. We aim to offer a holistic, practical, and hands-on approach, to help set you up for success in the real world.
Whether you’re looking to upskill, transition to a new industry, start your own business or take your hobby to the next level, we’ll help take you there.
We partner with industry experts and industry-leading education partners, who are renowned in their chosen fields, to deliver courses that are relevant, practical and interactive.
Our mission is to make sure that you are equipped with the necessary skills to take the next step in your life with confidence.