As a science, psychology is the study of the human mind and its wide-ranging functions and influences. This course helps you understand human behaviour and mental processes and allows you to better understand how we think, act and feel. Studying psychology gives you an edge when it comes to interactions with friends, family, co-workers, employers, and even in romantic relationships. You’re more likely to achieve harmony and mutual satisfaction. Our academic course introduces important concepts and tools.
This course will start by taking you through the basics of psychology and counselling before moving into some more advanced concepts for a more holistic learning experience. You will gain the knowledge and expertise to work in a diverse range of environments or in social groups allowing you to pursue a career, gain employment or better understand behaviours of family, friends and people around you.
Once you have completed the course you will be able to get started in this huge industry while opening up a great pathway to a larger degree such as a Diploma in Psychology. Typically a Psychology Diploma will take 6+ years so this course will give you a great insight to gain on the job experience while deciding if you want to take your qualification further down the track.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- School Counsellor
- Careers Counsellor
- Drug and Alcohol Counsellor
- Family Support Officer
- Counselling Service Manager
- Age Care Worker
- Mental Health Administration Worker
- Phone crisis support counselling
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 300 hours – learn at your pace, ideally, a 6-month course completing one module each month
- Flexible duration (Ongoing Access to Training and Support)
100% self-paced online learning with tutor support via phone or email
Delivered online to suit your schedule and lifestyle, this comprehensive certificate in Psychology and Counselling gives you the skills and techniques to understand the mind of different people and the counselling process to suit them. This course provides the tools you need to start your on business or seek work in this ever-growing and evolving field. No prior experience necessary – start right away!
- 24/7 course access to study at a time that is convenient for you
- Full tutor support via phone and email
- Employer Recognised Certificate upon completion
- Learning material, downloadable PDF’s
- Assessments: Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments
- Lifetime access to training material
- Developed and Delivered by psychology and counselling experts
- Receive a FREE 12-month membership to the International Association for Counselling, in addition to your course certificate
- Accredited training
- Establish and confirm the counselling relationship
- Understanding Neurological Behaviours
- Individual Behaviour vs Group Behaviour
- Learn and Apply Conflict Resolution
- Interview Techniques
- Phone Counselling
About Simply Learning Online
Simply Learning Online is the #1 online training academy offering practical education with a focus on courses relevant to real life.
We help you gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to try a new career path, add to your professional development, start a new hobby or business and explore a passion to deepen your knowledge in a special interest. Learn from experts in their field who guide you to see, do, think and experience your course whenever it best suits your time and schedule.
Our courses consist of interactive video tutorials, course relevant industry kits and text-based learning – study from anywhere, anytime with our flexible online learning programs