- This course is not suitable for school leavers or those that do not have significant experience in building and construction. This qualification is aligned to the needs of senior managers with building, construction and services firms typically working in larger organisations and managing more complex projects and processes
Kick your management skills up a gear with the Advanced Diploma of Building and Construction (Management). There’s no typical day for a construction manager or builder – one day you’re liaising with clients and reviewing financials, the next you’re on-site checking progress and managing schedules.
This nationally-recognised qualification will give you the combination of practical skills and knowledge you need to become a qualified project manager or construction manager on more challenging construction work.
Gain advanced knowledge of building projects to provide advisory, administrative and management services for the construction of large, high-rise and complex buildings. Learn to apply structural principles and assess faults. Get the skills to apply building codes, manage compliance and handle the challenges of many elements to coordinate that any building project involves.
The best part is you can study anytime, anywhere at a pace that suits you with Transformed. Our industry-experienced facilitators, supportive learning environment and absolute flexibility will help you reach your career goals, faster.
Who's It For?
The Advanced Diploma of Building and Construction (Management) is designed to meet the needs of builders, including contractors, overseeing the work and its quality, and liaising with the client.
The qualification also meets the needs of senior managers with building, construction and services firms typically working in larger organisations and managing more complex projects and processes.
This Advanced Diploma of Building and Construction (Management) is designed for individuals in the following roles:
- Construction managers
- Construction project managers
- Construction superintendents
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Construction Manager
- Construction Superintendent
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
18 months – distance learning (self-paced)
Estimated time allocations spread over the duration of the training are:
- 300 hours of supervised instruction (nominal hours); and
- 900 hours of unsupervised activities
Take advantage of our flexible training and assessment options which allow you to fit your study around your work and personal life. Transformed offers two flexible learning pathways:
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Assessment only, assessing evidence of existing skills and knowledge against the competency standards.
The learning environment provides access to study guides, assessment materials & submission links and online support from your assessor
Our Transformed team will support you every step of the way through training literature, videos and assessor contact.
You must meet the following entry requirements:
- Working in the building or construction industry
- Good literacy and numeracy
- Access to a computer and the internet
Recognition of Prior Learning
Skilled in construction project management, but not qualified? Use your existing skills to get a head-start on the Advanced Diploma of Building and Construction (Management).
You will typically have at least 5 years’ experience for RPL however, this is not mandatory. Before enrolling, we will ask you to provide your CV and complete an online self-assessment. We will then give you feedback to advise whether an RPL pathway is achievable given your skills and experience.
Assessment for the Advanced Diploma of Building and Construction (Management) is against the competency standards within the Construction Training Package (CPC08) This includes:
- Third-party assessment
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence
Transformed is one of Australia’s leading Registered Training Organisations. Our work has been recognised through dozens of awards and has been seen in the Australian Financial Review, BRW, The Australian to name just a few.
We have worked with some of Australia’s leading government, private sector and not-for-profit organisations and with thousands of individuals, building skills and knowledge since 2006. Our qualifications are designed, developed and delivered by industry experts to deliver what is needed on the job. Enrol and study at any time, with our 100% online courses.
Want to get a promotion, get a pay rise or get your dream job? Get qualified with Transformed.
Transformed Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #88152).