Take your next strategic professional career step and apply your high-level knowledge and advanced skills by enrolling in our Advanced Diploma of Program Management (BSB61218).
Our highly rewarding qualification is for experienced program managers and will equip you to lead teams effectively whilst overseeing a formal portfolio of multiple projects, programs of projects or large complex projects within a business environment, with accountability for personal and team outcomes.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Portfolio Program Manager
- Senior Program Manager
- Program Delivery Manager
- Agile Program Director
What You'll Learn
On completion of this course students will have the skills to:
- integrate a number of projects to achieve planned business outcomes and value enhancements
- ensure there is effective governance and sponsorship in place to facilitate the conversion of business strategy into the realisation of benefits
- plan the selection and development of staff to meet the requirements of a significant program of works
- ensure effective identification of uncertainty and ambiguity, and develop strategies for management of risk across projects, programs, operations and portfolio
- develop and monitor program schedules and budgets to meet the organisation’s business plan
- provide leadership in the identification, assessment and management of risk and opportunities
- ensure effective communication between the various stakeholders in the program of works
- oversee the management of strategic procurement and contracts
- mitigate the more complex problems encountered by project teams
- manage the client and stakeholders, and their expectations.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
The Estimated time to complete the course is:
- 7-8 hours per week over a study period up to 18 months.
- Individual students (online/mentored assessment)
- Customised in-house training for groups, corporations and organisations.
Students should be currently working in a project/program environment, in a program manager role, managing or directing a suite of projects.
Applicants need to have completed:
- a Diploma of Project Management qualification, or
- two years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience at a significant level within a project or program environment within an enterprise.
The attainment of the Advanced Diploma of Program Management will allow for:
- credit in AQF qualifications in accordance with relevant training package rules and recognition requirements
- entry into a range of undergraduate and postgraduate awards offered by the UNE Business School
- application to Project Management Institute (PMI) for Category A Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- recognition and credit for the Advanced Diploma at other tertiary institutions may be granted once admission requirements have been met.*
Depending on the depth and breadth of project management expertise displayed at assessment, the workplace evidence submitted as part of the Advanced Diploma may be used to satisfy the student assessment component for recognition under one of three certification levels with the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM).
Successful graduates may also apply for AIPM Continuing Professional Development points.
*Pathways are subject to acceptance/approval, and fees apply.
Mentored assessment approach.
Guided by a highly respected program management professional and industry educator, students are challenged to question existing methods and approaches and encourage to explore options to maximise program success while identifying and collecting knowledge and providing evidence of application.
About UNE Partnerships
With over 30 years’ experience in distance and online education, UNE Partnerships is one of Australia’s most progressive Registered Training Organisation specialising in vocational training programs that are nationally recognised. UNE Partnerships is the wholly owned education and training company of the University of New England (UNE) – New South Wales’ second oldest university and Australia’s oldest and most experienced distance education provider.
We are committed to the provision of structured, high quality, industry relevant training to promote increased skills and knowledge in people and workplaces. Our emphasis is on practical, accredited, nationally recognised qualifications, industry-specific courses and short courses can be directly applied to the workplace. Most of our courses provide articulation into higher qualifications including a range of undergraduate and post-graduate awards offered by the UNE Business School or UNE School of Health to enable a structured career path.
You will have support during your studies with us, all the way from your initial course information enquiry and enrolment process with our friendly Course Advisors, and all the way to your graduation day with our Supportive Student Engagement Team, Program Managers and Industry assessors, experts in their field.
UNE Partnerships Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 6754)