- Payment plans are only available to Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents
Are you seeking an exciting opportunity in the ever-growing industry of Adventure Tourism?
Adventure tourism is about connecting with a new culture or a new landscape and being physically active at the same time. It is not necessarily about being risky or pushing your boundaries however this is sometimes the case. Of course, it is especially important to know and respect your limits while you are in an unfamiliar area.
Adventure Tourism is a term that is not easily defined. For one thing, different people will have different ideas about what is “adventure”. For one person, “adventure” may be something as simple as camping outside in a tent, or walking through a wilderness area for an hour. For another, this would be considered passive tourism or exercise, whereas adventure would mean participating in dangerous and physically (also maybe emotionally) challenging activities, such as climbing a sheer rock face or white water rafting in dangerous rapids. Traditionally, adventure tourism has been perceived to be a younger person’s activity. In recent years, however, older people are keen to enjoy new experiences once their children have left home.
A career in adventure tourism is exciting and rewarding and one that is in high demand as it is clear that adventure tourism has no distinct boundaries, leaving people at a loss as to where to start their planning from such an experience.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Adventure Tour Guide Assistant
- Adventure Tourism business
- Adventure Tourism Consultant
- Destination Adviser / travel agent
- Adventure Tourism services
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Flexible duration (12 months access & tutor support)
- Average course completion time – 15 to 20 weeks
- Self-paced fully supported learning
- You must have a computer and an internet connection. If you do not have a computer or tablet, we can supply one
- Over the age of 18 (if you are not, we would need to speak with a guardian)
- Not have any disabilities or impairments which would affect your ability to study online
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Online 24/7 access to your course allowing you to study when it suits your schedule
- Access to a variety of learning formats including ebooks, self-assessment tests and assignments
- A lifetime loyalty discount of 20% off all your tools and products from our industry partner
- A certificate of attainment upon completion
- Tutor support service available to you by phone and email 6 days a week
About Learning Online
Learning Online is a new-age education provider with the mission of delivering practical skills to Australians so that you can get the most out of life.
We specialise in short courses that have been carefully crafted to deliver you the skills you’ll need to succeed.
By partnering with industry experts our courses are highly relevant to what’s occurring in industry right now, which means that when you graduate from a Learning Online course, you’ll be able to start applying those skills and create an impact in your role from day one.
With a combination of interactive video tutorials, custom designed industry-based kits and text-based learning, your online studies are going to be something you look forward to each day.