Why study this course?
The Agile Project Management Methodology works to deliver workable business solutions, in a fraction of the time that other traditional project management approaches can deliver. Time to market with robust and workable operational solutions is the essence of today’s organisations. Whether you are from a small, or large-sized business, private or public sector, then the Agile Project Management way is for you.
Today’s fast-paced and competitive business environment is increasing pressure on organisations to deliver services and working solutions in a shorter and more aggressive timeframe without compromising on quality and profit. To meet the modern-day challenge of doing more with less, businesses need to adopt a more flexible and dynamic approach to delivering projects — that way is Agile Project Management.
This course, accredited by APMG, provides the world’s first independent certification in Agile Project Management. It provides participants with an understanding of how the Agile Project Management processes can guide the planning, management and control of successful Agile projects. This course provides the opportunity to gain certification as an Agile Project Manager at the Foundation level.
Who's It For?
- Project Managers
- Team Leaders
- Business Analysts
- Agile Team Members
- Project Board and Project Steering Representatives
- Project Management Office Personnel
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control Managers
What You'll Learn
- Understand the concepts, benefits and risks of Agile Development
- Understand the philosophy, approach and principles of Agile Project Management
- Understand the lifecycle and products
- Set up appropriate project teams
- Plan and run facilitated workshops
- Model and prototype aspects of the solution
- Elicit, analyse, prioritise and manage requirements
- Create a timeboxed plan for a project
- Understand the importance of negotiation and collaboration
- Use skills to set up and manage an Agile project
- Understand the Agile Project Management Foundation Exam structure
- Work through sample exam papers
- Prepare for and sit for the Agile Project Management Foundation Exam
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration and Study Load
- 3 days
This course has no prerequisites, however, the following would be desirable:
- Previous or current experience of working within a project environment
- Previous project management training and development
From our state-of-the-art classrooms to telepresence to your offices, your instructor-led training caters to your needs.
30 years driving innovative, award-winning learning solutions.
More courses, more often
When you train with DDLS, you get more courses, more often, in more locations and from more vendors.
Quality instructors and content
Expert instructors with real-world experience and the latest vendor-approved in-depth course content.
Chosen and awarded by the world’s leading vendors as a preferred training partner.
Ahead of the technology curve
No matter your chosen technologies or platforms, we can help you stay one step ahead.
APMG International at DDLS
APMG International is an award-winning Examination Institute. APMG accredits professional training and consulting organisations and manages certification schemes for knowledge-based workers. APMG has a global reach, with regional offices located around the world.
This course pricing includes a voucher for the Agile Project Management Foundation Exam which can be taken via remote proctor. A practice exam paper is provided in the course and reviewed to assist in preparation. The exam is:
- 40 minutes
- 50 multiple-choice questions, worth 1 mark each
- Closed book – no other materials are allowed
- Requires 50% (25 marks) pass to attain certification
It is highly recommended that you spend some time each evening of this course reviewing and consolidating what you’ve learned, to be well prepared for the exam.
DDLS is Australia’s largest provider of corporate IT and process training, with the largest portfolio of strategic partners and courses in Australia. We partner with world-class companies to help organisations and individuals in the IT industry remain up-to-date with new processes, technology and platforms to reduce risk and enable efficient business practices. We have convenient locations in almost every capital in Australia as well as the Philippines, flexible delivery modalities, industry-accredited trainers, and state-of-the-art course material and labs to produce the highest quality learning outcomes for our clients.
DDLS promotes a balanced approach to training with a focus on the key areas of Technology, Process and People. We provide extensive training options tailored to your organisation’s needs – from vendor-certified courses to customised training, including bespoke in-house developed courses.