The main purpose of the course is to give students a good understanding of data analysis with Power BI.
This is a Performance Course with additional after-course resources and benefits.
Who's It For?
The primary audience for this course is BI professionals who need to analyze data utilising Power BI.
The secondary audiences for this course are technically proficient business users.
What You'll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe self-service BI
- Describe the Power BI suite of products
- Connect to data sources and optimise data models
- Shape and combine data from different sources
- Model data
- Create reports and manage solutions
- Describe the Power BI developer API
- Describe the Power BI mobile app
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration and Study Load
- 2 days
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality
- Basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas)
- Some exposure to basic programming concepts (such as looping and branching)
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications – particularly Excel
You can build Microsoft technical expertise while balancing the demands of your schedule, with Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand (MOC On-Demand).
A Performance Course from DDLS offers the best of all worlds. The same great high quality classroom training from a Microsoft Certified Trainer combined with additional content for use back in the workplace, at home, or nearly anywhere.
This Performance Course allows you to reinforce what you learned in the classroom as your schedule or business need allows, providing all the benefits of classroom training, supplemented by self-directed learning.
Power BI Desktop offers a self-service solution for creating visual, interactive reports and dashboards. Users can connect to a wide variety of data sources, combining data from on-premises databases, Software as a Solution (SaaS) providers, cloud-based services, and local files such as Microsoft Excel, into one report.
- Power BI Desktop Queries
- Shaping Data
- Combining Data
Self-service business intelligence (BI) is becoming increasingly popular in organisations. This approach enables business users to access corporate data, and create and share reports and key performance indicators (KPIs) without dependency on a dedicated report developer. Business users can use the Microsoft Power BI suite of tools to connect to a wide variety of data sources.
- Creating Power BI Reports
- Managing a Power BI Solution
Power BI service supports live direct connections to Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, big data sources such as Spark on Azure HDInsight, and SQL Server Analysis Services. DirectQuery means that whenever you slice data or add another field to a visualization, a new query is issued directly to the data source.
- Cloud Data
- Connecting to Analysis Services
The Power BI Developer API is a REST-based API that developers use to access programmatically datasets, tables, and rows in Power BI. Using this API, you can push data from an application into Power BI and integrate Power BI visualizations into an application. You can use the Power BI Interactive API Console for learning about the Power BI APIs, and for trying out all Power BI REST API calls without writing code.
- The Developer API
- Custom Visuals
Power BI mobile apps enable you to access and use Power BI information on a mobile device, including iOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Apple Watch), Android phone or tablet, and Windows 10 device. This means that, potentially, Power BI reports and Power BI dashboards created in Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service can be used anywhere and at any time.
- Power BI Mobile Apps
- Using the Power BI Mobile App
- Power BI Embedded
DDLS is Australia’s largest provider of corporate IT and process training, with the largest portfolio of strategic partners and courses in Australia. We partner with world-class companies to help organisations and individuals in the IT industry remain up-to-date with new processes, technology and platforms to reduce risk and enable efficient business practices. We have convenient locations in almost every capital in Australia as well as the Philippines, flexible delivery modalities, industry-accredited trainers, and state-of-the-art course material and labs to produce the highest quality learning outcomes for our clients.
DDLS promotes a balanced approach to training with a focus on the key areas of Technology, Process and People. We provide extensive training options tailored to your organisation’s needs – from vendor-certified courses to customised training, including bespoke in-house developed courses.