Turn your love for animals into a successful career in animal service.
Animal service is one of the most popular and sought after types of employment. With so many different avenues to choose from we have the ideal starting point to building the fundamental skills to start your journey in Animal Care.
Designed for students that have not completed any previous studies in Veterinary training, the Animal care certificate is perfect for anyone wanting to learn the skills required for Animal Care to open up opportunities in industries such as animal day care, animal grooming and veterinary clinics.
This course is an Industry Leading course delivered 100% online for over 40 years.
Who's It For?
This course is appropriate for anyone interested in working with animals including on farms, a wildlife parks and veterinary practices. It is a sound foundation course and designed to cover much of the content that is found in a veterinary assistants course for students with no previous experience or qualifications.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Business start-up in general or specific Animal work
- Animal Boarding Facility
- Animal Daycare
- Dog Walking
- Animal Fostering
- Supplier of Animal Products
- Animal Breeder
- Animal Grooming Assistant
- Animal Trainer
- Work in Zoo’s and Animal Shelters
- Work in Wildlife Reserves and Parks
- Work in education and research
What You'll Learn
Learn how to care for and help animals in need.
Study the care procedures, health management and behaviours of animals and understand the scope of services offered by animal care services, and work in a diverse range of roles in the animal service industry. Topics covered include: common health problems, animal behavior, signs of ill health, veterinary facilities, safety & first aid, administration of animal health, preventative health care, routine health treatments, health problems in domestic pets and rehabilitation care.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
Flexible duration (Ongoing Access to Training and Support)
Average Course Completion Time 15 – 20 weeks
100% self-paced online learning
This course has been designed by industry professionals to kick start your journey into the world of animals and is delivered online to suit your lifestyle and allow you to study at your own pace.
Develop the core knowledge to elevate you to stand out in a very competitive and sought after industry. Gain the confidence and knowledge to begin work or start a business in a field you are passionate about so going to work never feels like a job again.
- 24/7 course access to study at a time that is convenient for you
- Full tutor support service
- Certificate upon completion
- Learning material, downloadable PDF’s
- A complimentary phone consult and ongoing support with one of our qualified accountants
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted and marked by the school’s tutors before it is returned to you with any comments, feedback and if necessary, extra reading.
This course is comprised of 3 modules:
- Animal Healthcare
- Animal Behaviour
- 1 elective module of your choice
Topics that will be covered in the Animal Healthcare module include:
• Common health problems
- Signs of ill health
- Veterinary facilities
- Safety procedures
- Administration of animal health
- First aid and preventative health care
- Routine treatments
- Health problems in house pets
- Rehabilitation care
Topics that will be covered in the Animal Welfare module include:
- Genetics and behaviour
- Animal perception and behaviour
- Behaviour and the environment
- Social behaviour learning
- Handling animals
- Behaviour problems
Elective modules to choose from:
- Animal grooming
- Dog Care
- Dog Psychology
- Pet Care
- Aviculture (Bird Keeping)
- Aquarium Keeping
- Domestic Cat Care
About Simply Learning Online
Simply Learning Online is the #1 online training academy offering practical education with a focus on courses relevant to real life.
We help you gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to try a new career path, add to your professional development, start a new hobby or business and explore a passion to deepen your knowledge in a special interest. Learn from experts in their field who guide you to see, do, think and experience your course whenever it best suits your time and schedule.
Our courses consist of interactive video tutorials, course relevant industry kits and text-based learning – study from anywhere, anytime with our flexible online learning programs