Turn your love for animals into a meaningful career that makes a difference.
Are you passionate about animals? Maybe you could turn your passion into a career! Animal service is one of the most popular and sought after types of employment. With so many different avenues to choose from, we have the ideal starting point to building the fundamental skills to start your journey in Animal Welfare.
Have you ever looked at the conditions an animal has been living in and wanted to make a change? With this course, learn to care for the health and wellbeing of all kinds of animals. This Certificate will allow you to gain the skills required to properly care for any type of animals wellbeing and make that change in the world you wish to see.
This comprehensive Animal Welfare certificate is perfect for anyone wanting to learn the skills required to open up opportunities in industries which care about the protection ad wellbeing of domestic or wild animals. This course has been designed by industry professionals to kick start your journey into the world of animals and develop the core knowledge to elevate you to stand out in a very competitive and sought after industry. Gain the confidence and knowledge to begin work or start a business in a field you are passionate about so going to work never feels like a job again!
Who's It For?
This course is designed for students with no previous experience in animal welfare or animal welfare workers looking to upskill. It’s perfect for anyone passionate about animals, who want to learn the skills for career opportunities in the protection and wellbeing of domestic or wild animals.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Business start-up in general or specific Animal work
- Animal Boarding Facility
- Animal Daycare
- Emergency Animal Assistant
- Animal Rehabilitation
- Animal Grooming Assistant
- Animal Fostering
- Supplier of Animal Products
- Animal Breeder
- Animal Carer
- Vet Assistant
- Work in Zoo’s and Animal Shelters
- Work in Wildlife Reserves and Parks
- Work in education and research
What You'll Learn
Start working for the protection of animals
Reinforce your love of animals with a qualification and take that first step towards a career in the care and welfare of animals. Developed in response to industry demand, the Advanced Certificate in Animal Welfare will teach you the theory and practice of animal welfare – wildlife, pets and farm animals.
Receive a strong foundation with a module focused on animal health care to give you a head start with additional knowledge about common health problems, animal behaviours and other health topics that are typically found in a veterinary assistant’s course.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
Flexible duration (Ongoing Access to Training and Support).
Average Course Completion Time 15 – 20 weeks
100% self-paced online learning
Delivered online to suit your schedule and lifestyle, this comprehensive Animal Welfare certificate is perfect for anyone wanting to learn the skills required to open up opportunities in industries which care about the protection and wellbeing of domestic or wild animals.
With so many different avenues to choose from, we have the ideal starting point to building the fundamental skills to start your journey in Animal Welfare
- 24/7 course access to study at a time that is convenient for you
- Full tutor support service
- Certificate upon completion
- Learning material, downloadable PDF’s
- A complimentary phone consult and ongoing support with one of our qualified accountants
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted and marked by the school’s tutors before it is returned to you with any comments, feedback and if necessary, extra reading.
his course is comprised of 3 modules:
- Animal Healthcare
- Animal Welfare
- 1 elective module of your choice
Topics that will be covered in the Animal Healthcare module include:
- Common health problems
- Signs of ill health
- Veterinary facilities
- Safety procedures
- Administration of animal health
- First aid and preventative health care
- Routine treatments
- Health problems in house pets
- Rehabilitation care
Topics that will be covered in the Animal Welfare module include:
- Animal psychology and sentience
- Managing animal welfare
- Animal protection services
- Animal health services
- Animal welfare for pets
- Animals in sport
- Animal welfare for farm animals
- Animal welfare wildl
Elective modules to choose from:
- Vertebrate zoology
- Animal diseases
- Animal feed and nutrition
- Animal anatomy and physiology
- Natural health care for animals
About Simply Learning Online
Simply Learning Online is the #1 online training academy offering practical education with a focus on courses relevant to real life.
We help you gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to try a new career path, add to your professional development, start a new hobby or business and explore a passion to deepen your knowledge in a special interest. Learn from experts in their field who guide you to see, do, think and experience your course whenever it best suits your time and schedule.
Our courses consist of interactive video tutorials, course relevant industry kits and text-based learning – study from anywhere, anytime with our flexible online learning programs.