Do you love animals? Are you passionate about caring for and working with them? Do you want to learn more about how to look after your own pet at home? Would you like to better understand animal healthcare? Then this course is for you.
Designed for anyone who works or cares for animals, from domestic animals at home, to wildlife and farm animals, or in the pet care industry. You will learn about animal health care and basic veterinarian procedures, disease prevention and
animal first aid. You will learn how to assess and manage animal welfare, from pets, work animals and animals in sport, as well as farm animals and wildlife
Who's It For?
- This course is a beginner level course and will lay a sound foundation of knowledge and skills in which can grow with experience and further study
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Animal Shelter Assistant
- Pet Boarding / Kennel
- Wildlife Shelter Assistant or
- Pet Shop Assistant
- Professional Pet-Minder
- Wildlife Rehabilitator
- Animal Hospital Carer
What You'll Learn
- Designed to teach you how to manage animal health for pets, wildlife or farm animals, this module will help you understand animal health care and basic veterinarian procedures. From veterinary health, disease prevention, animal first aid and rehabilitation care, you will learn broad and varied knowledge and skills, in which you can take with you into any role where you are working or caring for animals
- This module aims to deliver an introduction to animal welfare, from animal protection and animal rescue, to health services. Learn how to assess and manage animal welfare, from pets, work animals and animals in sport, as well as farm animals and wildlife
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 200 hours
- 100% Online
- Study at your own pace
- There are no prerequisites to complete this course. However, you must be able to read, analyse and comprehend, printed information in English, and to write statements and solve problems to complete the course. You must also have reliable access to a computer and a reliable internet connection and have basic computer skills
- If you identify as having a long-term impairment, disability or medical condition that may impact on your ability to complete your online study, please speak to us
- Please note, you must be 18 years of age and an Australian citizen or resident to enrol in a course with us
- Our courses and content are up to date and relevant in today’s market
- We have high-quality student support with experienced and qualified tutors to help you every step of the way
- Our courses are delivered 100% online and you can study at your own pace
- We have a market-leading student learning and communication platform
- Our courses are flexible, you will have long term access to the course content
- Our courses are affordable, we offer interest-free payment options for all students
- 12-month of access to course content
- We partner with industry experts and industry-leading education partners, who are renowned in their chosen fields, to deliver courses that are relevant, practical and interactive
- Upon completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion, a Statement of Attainment for each module completed and an Academic Transcript
- Assessments are a critical step in the learning process. They help ensure you stay on track and meet the learning objectives of each lesson before moving onto the next. They also help your tutor identify where any further support may be
required, so that you get the most out of your course
- You will learn via various methods; a combination of reading, interacting with tutors, undertaking research and watching videos. Each lesson will conclude with an assignment that is marked by your assigned tutor and returned to you with feedback, and if necessary, some recommended additional reading. Assessments may come in the form of – case studies, quizzes and written assessments
Study with the help of our Tutors and the Student Support team to achieve an industry-focussed certificate.
- Enrol with us today to begin your future-focused learning journey
- After enrolment, we’ll give you a 5-day satisfaction guarantee to ensure the course is right for you
2 Key Modules, made up of 21 subjects:
Careerhouse offers online, industry-relevant courses. We’re not like other education providers. We aim to offer a holistic, practical, and hands-on approach, to help set you up for success in the real world.
Whether you’re looking to upskill, transition to a new industry, start your own business or take your hobby to the next level, we’ll help take you there.
We partner with industry experts and industry-leading education partners, who are renowned in their chosen fields, to deliver courses that are relevant, practical and interactive.
Our mission is to make sure that you are equipped with the necessary skills to take the next step in your life with confidence.