- The Associate Degree of Applied Business is the first two years of a La Trobe University Degree course delivered 100% online by Didasko. Successfully complete the first two years of the degree and you can exit with a highly respected university associate degree. Or continue on, if you choose. HECS – HELP is available *
* Eligibility criteria applies. Available to Australian citizens only.
The Associate Degree of Applied Business will provide you with a broad foundation of skills required for a range of roles in the business world.
Those seeking to change careers, move into a new role or start their own enterprise will find the content of this course invaluable. Studying an applied business qualification will introduce you to the workings of organisations and their structure, increase your commercial awareness and allow you to build practical knowledge that will be essential for your future career goals.
To be awarded the Associate Degree of Applied Business you will initially be enrolled in the La Trobe Bachelor of Applied Business. After successfully completing year 2 of your degree you will be awarded the La Trobe Associate Degree of Applied Business, if you choose you can exit with this qualification.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Administration Manager
- Executive Personal Assistant
- New business start-up
- Office Administrator
- Office Manager
- Product Manager
- Project Assistant
What You'll Learn
- Identify, source and analyse information relevant to business and social challenges.
- Evaluate a range of alternative solutions to business and social challenges and account for potentially competing economic, ethical, social and commercial perspectives in a responsible manner.
- Devise innovative recommendations for business and social challenges based on the identification of the elements of a problem and the application and evaluation of problem-solving approaches.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with a range of stakeholders, using a variety of modes of communications and appropriate tools.
- Engage professionally and effectively for the success of a multicultural team in a manner which is respectful of the needs, values, personalities and capabilities of others.
- Utilise digital technologies to identify, source, analyse and communicate information relevant to business and social challenges.
- Meet the disciplinary knowledge and skill requirements for graduates seeking to commence a career in marketing.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- You can complete your Associate Degree of Applied Business in two years with the flexibility online learning gives you. Studying 30 hours per week on average should see you successfully complete your qualification within this timeframe. Each year’s assessments must be completed and marked within each 12-month time limit. You can complete your studies after years 1, 2 or 3 with a La Trobe qualification.
- Part-time study options are also available.
To be eligible to enrol in this course, you must:
- Understand you are enrolling in the Bachelor of Applied Business, with the option of exiting after year 2 with a La Trobe Associate Degree of Applied Business
- Be over 18 years of age
- Have just left school or have been employed for at least 2 years
For successful admission, one of the following is required:
- Completion of Year 12, with a score in English of at least 25, or
- An equivalent academic level achievement, or
- At least 2 years of work experience, after leaving school
Please note that this course is delivered 100% online so is not available to individuals in Australia on a Student Visa (Subclass 500) or Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485).
About La Trobe University
La Trobe University has been providing a world-class education to students since its commencement in 1967 and, for the last three years in partnership with Didasko, they have been offering 100% online IT and business degrees developed with your career success in mind.
These multi award-winning courses offer an online study experience second-to-none with all the academic support you’ll need to succeed. The skilled academic team are there for you as often, and as much as you want.
With the highly flexible full and part-time options, you can design your study time around your other personal and professional commitments. The Student Support Team will even help you to develop your own weekly study plan to help keep everything on track.
Monthly start dates allow you to enrol and commence straight away.