This course builds on the Diploma with a specific focus on developing further theoretical knowledge and practical experience in strength and conditioning, exercise physiology and biomechanics.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Gym manager
- Strength & conditioning coach
- Personal trainer
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- New South Wales
- Olympic Park
Duration Study Load
- 2 Years full time
- Part time equivalent available
Applicants must meet at least ONE of the following criteria to be considered for admission:
- A minimum HSC (Higher School Certificate) average of 60 (calculated from the average of the highest 6 units completed) or equivalent
- A qualification from a recognised higher education provider
- An Associate Diploma, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from a TAFE or other recognised VET provider qualification (Students wishing to enter through Certificate IV must have completed Year 11 or equivalent)
- One year full-time or equivalent in a degree course at an Australian university
- Satisfaction of entry requirements specified under formal articulation arrangements as determined by the ACPE Academic Board
- A recognised overseas qualification with demonstrated proficiency in English
- Demonstration of good selection prospects as a student (for example, relevant work experience and motivation to study), and ineligibility to compete for admission based on the academic achievement criteria (1) to (6)
Recognition of Prior Learning
An applicant may apply for an assessment of their prior learning at the time of applying for entry to an award course of the college.
While some subjects require mid-term and final exams, assessments may also comprise quizzes, essays and tutorial participation. Students enrolled in an online subject sit their final exam at the College or, if they live at a distance, under external supervision.
Theresa TranAssociate Degree of Applied Fitness
ACPE knows the value of gaining industry experience so you are career ready. Embedded into the Associate Degree of Applied Fitness is the opportunity to gain a Certificate III and Certificate IV in Fitness (SIS30315, SIS40215). This means after your first year of full time study, if you choose to undertake additional learning, you can become a qualified fitness instructor and after your second year of full time study you can become a qualified personal trainer.
This will allow you to commence work in the industry whilst you complete your study. You can earn money as well as gain industry experience, giving you a head start in your fitness career. While there would normally be a charge to study these qualifications externally, there is no extra charge for these qualifications when completing them with FIAFitnation as part of the ACPE Associate Degree of Applied Fitness.
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW. For 100 years the College has provided first rate qualifications in physical education (PDHPE), dance education, sports business, health science, health and movement, coaching, applied fitness, and community health. ACPE courses are delivered at its purpose-built campus in Sydney Olympic Park, with a range of courses and individual subjects offered online.