Learn the fundamentals of AWS cloud computing services and prepare for your AWS Cloud Practitioner certification in just 6 weeks.
Businesses are increasingly turning to cloud-based solutions, with IDC predicting worldwide expenditure on public cloud services to more than double by 2023. An understanding of cloud computing, and market-leading solutions from AWS (Amazon Web Services) is critical for IT and business professionals alike.
Designed by RMIT Online in close collaboration with industry leader AWS, the course is AWS and RMIT certified. You will get 60 hours of cutting-edge content, and 1:1 feedback from industry mentors as you learn.
This entry-level course is open to anyone wanting to gain practical knowledge of cloud computing and AWS, including non-technical personnel in all areas of the business. You will gain a strategic understanding of cloud computing essentials and learn how to “speak the language”, making it easier to liaise with IT professionals and other specialists in the field.
Take the fast route to success, with the option to sit for your AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam after just 6 weeks.
What You'll Learn
Learners will gain knowledge of:
- Core cloud computing fundamentals
- Cloud components and technologies
- Business benefits
- AWS key services and value propositions
- Core fundamentals of working in cloud
- Critical success factors for successful cloud integration
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
6 weeks (8-10 hours per week) 100% online
Online learning, including interactive videos, assignments and prescheduled webinars and 1:1 online sessions with mentors and industry experts.
100% online – The freedom of online learning means you can study around your work and life commitments. It’s the same qualification but built around your schedule.
Real-world skills – Our courses and degrees are all about practical learning. Get job-ready skills you can actually apply or build a portfolio to show future employers.
Industry connected – We work closely with leading industry partners to make sure our courses are relevant for the future of work.
Network – Studying online doesn’t mean you are studying alone. You’ll join a powerful global network of peers, academics and industry experts.
Supported community – Take advantage of the team of RMIT Online staff who are there to help you along your journey.
RMIT credential – Your skills will be rigorously assessed and recognised by one of Australia’s most innovative and respected technology institutions, not to mention employers in the field.
- The greatest points of relevance between cloud computing and business performance
- The composition of the cloud computing sector; appropriate solutions for business requirements
- Core components and technologies within cloud; most valuable assets for business outcome
Milestone: Create a summary of IAAS, PAAS, SAAS and FAAS available through each of the key cloud organisations. Selecting two products of your choice, compare and contrast AWS offers against competitive offers from other organisations.
- Business benefits and risks associated with cloud computing
- Critical implications the utilisation of cloud can have for business
- AWS and its value proposition for business, including consideration of cloud economics
Milestone: Prepare a briefing report on the total value which cloud could offer to your organisation, including key challenges and opportunities.
- Explain AWS Compute services and value
- Explain AWS Storage services and value proposition
- Explain AWS VPC services and value proposition
Milestone: Summarise the relevant components of AWS Compute, Storage and VPC and their implications for business.
- AWS Database services and value proposition
- Drafting possible cloud solutions utilising knowledge of balancing, scaling and monitoring
- Best practice AWS use-cases for effective balancing, scaling and monitoring
Milestone: Summarise the relevant components of AWS Database services. Prepare an approach for effective balancing, scaling and monitoring to achieve business requirements.
- The AWS security framework and model
- Cyber-security considerations; evaluating AWS security products and services
- Best practice in secure cloud environments via the AWS ecosystem and environment
Milestone: Brief key stakeholders on security considerations relevant to cloud implementation and the approach which can be utilised through AWS for secure outcomes.
- The AWS ecosystem commercial model and business value
- Maximising business success in AWS cloud adoption: designing an organisational cultural framework
- How to evaluate the readiness of an organisation for adopting and implementing cloud computing solutions.
Milestone: Analyse the readiness of an organisation to adopt cloud computing.
About RMIT Online
Our online short-courses have been designed by industry experts. We have partnered with leading employers from key businesses such as Tigerspike, jtribe, Bilue, Stone & Chalk, Accenture, Paper Giant and REA Group. It’s a chance to learn from the best in the business. Half the battle is who you know, and we know a lot of people.