Develop your technical skillset online and boost your earning potential with a credential from RMIT Online and your AWS Solutions Architect – Associate Certificate.
A report by Global Knowledge found that certified IT professionals earn more than their non-certified counterparts, with each additional certification resulting in a salary bump. The report found that the “big money is in cloud computing certifications”, with AWS certifications amongst the highest paid certifications worldwide.* Complete this course and boost your earning potential.
Designed by RMIT Online in close collaboration with industry leader AWS, the course is AWS and RMIT certified. You will get 60 hours of cutting-edge course content, and 1:1 feedback from our industry mentors as you learn.
Take the fast route to success, and learn everything you need to prepare you for the AWS Cloud Solutions Architect – Associate exam in just 6 weeks.
*Global Knowledge 2019 IT Skills and Salary Report.
What You'll Learn
Learners will gain diverse skills transferable to a range of cloud related roles, including the AWS platform; identify access management; Route53 – domain name registration: databases on AWS; Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Ec2); Virtual Private Cloud (VPC); HP Architecture; applications on the cloud; how to build and run applications without servers.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
6 weeks (8-10 hours per week) 100% online.
Online learning, including interactive videos, assignments and prescheduled webinars and 1:1 online sessions with mentors and industry experts.
100% online – The freedom of online learning means you can study around your work and life commitments. It’s the same qualification but built around your schedule.
Real-world skills – Our courses and degrees are all about practical learning. Get job-ready skills you can actually apply or build a portfolio to show future employers.
Industry connected – We work closely with leading industry partners to make sure our courses are relevant for the future of work.
Network – Studying online doesn’t mean you are studying alone. You’ll join a powerful global network of peers, academics and industry experts.
Supported community – Take advantage of the team of RMIT Online staff who are there to help you along your journey.
RMIT credential – Your skills will be rigorously assessed and recognised by one of Australia’s most innovative and respected technology institutions, not to mention employers in the field.
- Cloud computing fundamentals and its relevance for business
- The make-up of the cloud sector
- Core components and technologies within cloud
Milestone: Evaluate the holistic composition of the cloud-sector to justify the value in the AWS ecosystem as a highly performing solution for business.
- Business benefits and risks associated with cloud solutions architecture
- The business goals which can be addressed by cloud solutions architecture
Milestone: Complete a case study on a business which has successfully implemented cloud architecture
- Design effective cloud environments for business requirements
- Enable scalable architecture
- Enable highly available architecture
Milestone: Evaluate an existing architecture and design an approach to improve its availability; create a highly available environment
- Automate architectural infrastructure
- Effectively decouple infrastructure
- Design and enable web-scale media
Milestone: Automate infrastructure deployment within AWS environments; implementing serverless architecture
- Design and enable operational excellence
- Design and implement secure environments
- Prepare highly reliable environments
Milestone: Utilise AWS CloudFront; preparing reliable environments
About RMIT Online
Our online short-courses have been designed by industry experts. We have partnered with leading employers from key businesses such as Tigerspike, jtribe, Bilue, Stone & Chalk, Accenture, Paper Giant and REA Group. It’s a chance to learn from the best in the business. Half the battle is who you know, and we know a lot of people.