This course provides the knowledge and skills to implement DevOps processes and DevOps practices of continuous integration. In addition, students will learn how to design a release strategy, set up a release management workflow, and implement an appropriate deployment pattern. Students will also learn how to design a dependency management strategy and manage security and compliance.
This course provides the knowledge and skills to deploy an application infrastructure in DevOps pipelines. Students will learn how to implement infrastructure as code and configuration management, how to provision Azure infrastructure using common automation tools, and how to deploy an application infrastructure using various Azure services and deployment methodologies. Students will also learn how to integrate 3rd party deployment tools with Azure, such as Chef and Puppet to incorporate compliance and security into the release pipeline.
In addition, students will learn how to recommend and design system feedback mechanisms, implement a process for routing system feedback to development teams and optimise feedback mechanisms. Students will also learn how to plan for transformation, select a project, and create team structures. Students will also learn how to develop quality and security strategies. Planning for migrating and consolidating artifacts and source control will also be covered.
This course helps students prepare for Microsoft’s Azure Developer certification exam AZ-400: Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions.
Who's It For?
Students in this course are interested in implementing DevOps processes or in passing the Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions certification exam.
What You'll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Migrate from TFVC to Git
- Implement and manage build infrastructure
- Manage application config & secrets
- Implement a mobile DevOps strategy
- Create an automated build workflow
- Integrate automated tests for code quality
- Report on code coverage during testing
- Add tooling to measure technical debt
- Deploy to an environment securely, using a service connection
- Embed testing in the pipeline
- Implement Blue Green Deployment
- Implement Canary Release
- Configure crash report integration for client applications
- Implement routing for client application crash report data
- Implement tools to track system usage, feature usage, and flow
- Analyze alerts to establish a baseline
- And more!
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration and Study Load
- 5 days
Fundamental knowledge about Azure, version control, Agile software development, and core software development principles. It would be helpful to have experience in an organisation that delivers software.
It is recommended that you have experience working in an IDE, as well as some knowledge of the Azure portal. However, students who may not have a technical background in these technologies, but who are curious about DevOps practises as a culture shift, should be able to follow the procedural and expository explanations of continuous integration regardless.
- Getting started with Source Control
- Scaling git for enterprise DevOps
- Implement & Manage Build Infrastructure
- Managing application config & secrets
- Implement a mobile DevOps strategy
- Design a Release Strategy
- Set up a Release Management Workflow
- Implement an appropriate deployment pattern
- Designing a Dependency Management Strategy
- Manage security and compliance
- Infrastructure and Configuration Azure Tools
- Azure Deployment Models and Services
- Create and Manage Kubernetes Service Infrastructure
- Third-Party and Open Source Tools available with Azure
- Implement Compliance and Security in your Infrastructure
- Planning for DevOps
- Planning for Quality and Security
- Migrating and Consolidating Artifacts and Tools
DDLS is Australia’s largest provider of corporate IT and process training, with the largest portfolio of strategic partners and courses in Australia. We partner with world-class companies to help organisations and individuals in the IT industry remain up-to-date with new processes, technology and platforms to reduce risk and enable efficient business practices. We have convenient locations in almost every capital in Australia as well as the Philippines, flexible delivery modalities, industry-accredited trainers, and state-of-the-art course material and labs to produce the highest quality learning outcomes for our clients.
DDLS promotes a balanced approach to training with a focus on the key areas of Technology, Process and People. We provide extensive training options tailored to your organisation’s needs – from vendor-certified courses to customised training, including bespoke in-house developed courses.