- This course is offered in partnership with Didasko. La Trobe University and Didasko enjoy a unique partnership to bring you an employability-focused Applied Business Degree with Australia’s best value Applied Business Diploma built-in.
The Bachelor of Applied Business will provide you with a broad foundation of skills required for a range of roles in the business world.
Those seeking to change careers, move into a new role or start their own enterprise will find the content of this course invaluable. Studying an applied business qualification will introduce you to the workings of organisations and their structure, increase your commercial awareness and allow you to build practical knowledge that will be essential for your future career goals.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Administration Manager
- Executive Personal Assistant
- New business start-up
- Office Administrator
- Office Manager
- Product Manager
- Project Assistant
What You'll Learn
- Identify, source and analyse information relevant to business and social challenges.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with a range of stakeholders, using a variety of modes of communications and appropriate tools.
- Meet the disciplinary knowledge and skill requirements for graduates seeking to commence a career in business.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- You can complete your studies after years 1, 2 or 3 with a La Trobe University qualification. Studying 25 hours per week on average (100 hours per month) should see you successfully complete your Diploma of Applied Business in 1 year, your Associate Degree of Applied Business in 2 years, or your Bachelor of Applied Business (with optional majors) in 3 years.
- Part-time study options are also available.
To be eligible to enrol in this course, you must:
- Understand you are enrolling in the Bachelor of Applied Business, with the option of exiting after year 1 with a La Trobe Diploma of Applied Business
- Be over 18 years of age
- Have just left school or have been employed for at least 2 years
For successful admission, one of the following is required:
- Completion of Year 12, with a score in English of at least 25, or
- An equivalent academic level achievement, or
- At least 2 years of work experience, after leaving school
Please note that this course is delivered 100% online so is not available to individuals in Australia on a Student Visa (Subclass 500) or Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485).
About La Trobe University
La Trobe University has been providing a world-class education to students since its commencement in 1967 and, for the last three years in partnership with Didasko, they have been offering 100% online IT and business degrees developed with your career success in mind.
These multi award-winning courses offer an online study experience second-to-none with all the academic support you’ll need to succeed. The skilled academic team are there for you as often, and as much as you want.
With the highly flexible full and part-time options, you can design your study time around your other personal and professional commitments. The Student Support Team will even help you to develop your own weekly study plan to help keep everything on track.
Monthly start dates allow you to enrol and commence straight away.