- This course is offered in partnership with Didasko. La Trobe University and Didasko enjoy a unique partnership to bring you an employability-focused Applied Business Degree with Australia’s best value Applied Business Diploma built-in.
The Bachelor of Applied Business (Management major) will provide you with a broad foundation of business skills required for a range of management roles in industry.
Those seeking to change careers, move into a new management role or start their own enterprise will find the content of this course invaluable. The Management major focuses on creating a high-performing team within any organisation. Understanding organisational innovation and development as well as successfully managing interpersonal challenges are just some of the skills successful managers must know.
Studying an applied business qualification allows you to take the theory of a subject and apply it to real-world situations. This will increase your commercial awareness and allow you to build practical knowledge that will be essential for your future career goals.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Office Manager
- Product Manager
- Project Assistant
- Administration Officer
- Executive Officer
- Program Consultant
- Program Coordinator
What You'll Learn
- Identify, source and analyse information relevant to business and social challenges.
- Evaluate a range of alternative solutions to business and social challenges and account for potentially competing economic, ethical, social and commercial perspectives in a responsible manner.
- Devise innovative recommendations for business and social challenges based on the identification of the elements of a problem and the application and evaluation of problem-solving approaches.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with a range of stakeholders, using a variety of modes of communications and appropriate tools.
- Engage professionally and effectively for the success of a multicultural team in a manner which is respectful of the needs, values, personalities and capabilities of others.
- Utilise digital technologies to identify, source, analyse and communicate information relevant to business and social challenges.
- Meet the disciplinary knowledge and skill requirements for graduates seeking to commence a career in business management.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- You can complete your Bachelor of Applied Business (Management major) in three years with the flexibility online learning gives you. Studying 30 hours per week on average should see you successfully complete your qualification within this timeframe. Each year’s assessments must be completed and marked within each 12-month time limit. You can complete your studies after years 1, 2 or 3 with a La Trobe qualification.
- Part-time study options are also available.
To be eligible to enrol in this course, you must:
- Understand you are enrolling in the Bachelor of Applied Business (Management major), with the option of exiting after year 1 with a La Trobe Diploma of Applied Business (Management major)
- Be over 18 years of age
- Have just left school or have been employed for at least 2 years
For successful admission, one of the following is required:
- Completion of Year 12, with a score in English of at least 25, or
- An equivalent academic level achievement, or
- At least 2 years of work experience, after leaving school
Please note that this course is delivered 100% online so is not available to individuals in Australia on a Student Visa (Subclass 500) or Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485).
Three qualifications in one degree
La Trobe online applied degrees provide you with the unique opportunity to achieve up to three qualifications over the duration of your studies. Subject to satisfactorily completing each part of your course.
After completing year 1 of your degree, you will be awarded an Applied Diploma, should you decide to exit your degree at this point. You can add this qualification to your résumé and move forward with your career plans or embrace the option to continue your studies while you work.
- Exit with a Diploma of Applied Business
Successful completion of year 2 will increase your chances of a higher-paying position with an applied qualification that employers are looking for. However, you are now well over halfway to your applied bachelor degree so why not continue to study while staying employed?
- Exit with an Associate Degree of Applied Business
Congratulations! You have completed your qualification. Your applied bachelor degree greatly improves the opportunities available to you. A qualification of this level greatly enhances your résumé and says a great deal about you. Not only will you be armed with the job-ready skills and knowledge that employers are desperate for, but you also show you can stay focused to achieve a goal.
- Exit with a Bachelor of Applied Business
About La Trobe University
La Trobe University has been providing a world-class education to students since its commencement in 1967 and is virtually unrivalled in its Arts and Humanities subjects. Sitting comfortably in the top 400 Universities in the world, La Trobe has developed a reputation of engagement, creativity and innovation through its teaching and is continually at the forefront of research efforts in Australia.
La Trobe is committed to providing education to regional Victoria and beyond, extending further than it’s Melbourne-based Campuses. Campus locations include Bundoora, Bendigo, Albury-Wodonga, Mildura, Shepparton, Melbourne and Sydney. So no matter where you are, you can find a study centre, campus or use the quality La Trobe Online courses to suit your needs