- If you wish to enrol in this course, you need to live in Adelaide or be willing to travel there for the on-campus semesters
Looking for a learning experience that provides a wide variety of career opportunities? Study our Bachelor of Business degree.
Our three-year degree is a unique mix of academic and industry-based learning. Starting from an operational base, you will develop a basic understanding of business from a management perspective. Your knowledge base is expanded each year with new industry-relevant concepts and business applications.
Typically, each study year is comprised of six months’ full-time study, followed by a six-month full-time Work Integrated Learning (WIL) placement. This allows you to put into practice what you have learnt, and provides you with a head-start on networking opportunities with future employers – all before you have graduated!
Our graduates have an outstanding 87% employment-upon-graduation rating, and according to a recent QILT student experience survey 2019/18, we’re also considered the best Hotel, Hospitality, and Business school in Australia. Enjoy reading some of our graduate testimonials below, they’re working in a variety of careers inside and outside of the hotel industry.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- General Manager
- Resident Manager
- Director of Operations
- Function & Events Manager
- Financial Controller
- Social Media Manager
- Personnel & Training Manager
- Health & Safety Manager
- And more!
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- South Australia
Duration and Study Load
- Semester One: On-Campus Academic Study (20-22 weeks)
- Semester Two: Off-Campus WIL Placement (20-24 weeks)
- Semester Three: On-Campus Academic Study (20-22 weeks)
- Semester Four: Off-Campus WIL Placement (20-24 weeks)
- Semester Five: On-Campus Academic Study (20-22 weeks)
- Semester Six: Off-Campus WIL Placement (20-24 weeks)
- The Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management) is a full-time course delivered face-to-face
- WIL placements can be in different locations. Presently due to COVID-19, ICHM can also deliver in a blended or online mode
- Graduates aren’t limited to the hotel industry; the ICHM Bachelor of Business will enable them to explore employment within a wide range of industries
- ICHM has a dedicated careers team that work with students and industry partners to secure Work Integrated Learning (WIL) placements during each year of study. With the majority of placements being paid-work opportunities
- Graduates gain at least 12 – 18 months of working industry experience when studying with ICHM (a minimum of 1500 hours is required to graduate)
- ICHM students are taught all aspects of business management through a tangible hotel industry lens, allowing students to understand business and customer experience – which is essential knowledge and can be applied to a variety of businesses
- Students are able to apply for credit transfers if they have studied at another education institution, and enter ICHM’s bachelor degree in either the second or third year of study, allowing them to achieve their qualification faster
- On-campus accommodation is available for those who want to live independently within a safe and structured environment
- ICHM offer eight $15,000 scholarships a year for domestic and onshore international students
- ICHM provide learning plans to academically support those who may not have achieved the required ATAR score; ICHM also has special consideration entry for the 2021 intakes due to the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic
Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Opportunities
- Work Integrated Learning (WIL), otherwise known as Industry Placement semesters, is a critical component of ICHM’s courses. ICHM maintains close links with hotels, resorts and other hospitality management providers worldwide, to facilitate the WIL semesters
Sachi FletcherRestaurant Manager, Hentley Farm in Seppeltsfield, Barossa Valley
Bodelle FrancisGM of Oval Hotel, Adelaide Oval, SA, Australia
Justin McConnelGeneral Manager Next Hotels & Resorts, Adelaide
About International College of Hotel Management
ICHM offers undergraduate and postgraduate business, hotel and hospitality management degrees. CHM has exceptional employment outcomes and graduates are now WORKING GLOBALLY in large and boutique luxury brand hotels starting as specialists and supervisors and moving through to senior and general managers. A number of our graduates also choose to work outside the industry in areas such as marketing, IT, human resources and in their own businesses.
ICHM has been operating for almost 30 years and now has graduates working around Australia and throughout the world in a variety of top-end hotels, hospitality and business-related enterprises. ICHM has been named the Best Hotel and Hospitality Business School in Australia for the second consecutive year. This is the finding of the leading national Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) Student Experience Survey (SES), which is funded by the Australian Government (QILT, SES, 2019/18).
CRICOS No. 02914G – TEQSA Provider ID PRV12099