Great business leaders aren’t born – they are made. With a Bachelor of Business (Management) degree from Swinburne you will develop the skills you need to successfully lead teams in a broad range of organisations. You will learn how to plan, monitor and control resources, meet key business objectives, and master the art of managing yourself and others. Taught by industry professionals, this course prepares you for a diverse range of management roles. You’ll graduate knowing how to make effective, well-informed business decisions, no matter what the situation.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Team Leader
- General Manager
- Managing Director
What You'll Learn
- Decision Making – Learn how to plan, manage and lead teams within an organisation.
- Managing Diversity – Understand how people management facilitates an efficient working environment.
- Strategic Planning – Develop the skills you need to lead the strategic direction of an organisation.
- Organisational Behaviour – Understand how human behaviour influences teams and organisations.
- Commercial Law – Discover how Australian contract law is used to establish and manage business partnerships.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
3 years full time or equivalent part time.
Non-Year 12 entry
Completion or partial completion of an approved tertiary qualification (including diplomas, advanced diplomas, associate degrees and degrees). Additional performance criteria and prerequisite requirements may also apply.
Students admitted to the course with prior tertiary studies that satisfy part of the academic requirements of this course may be eligible for academic credit.
Applicants without a formal qualification but with significant and relevant work experience and appropriate English language skills will be considered if they can demonstrate that they can undertake the course with a reasonable prospect of success.
The University may determine selection criteria and restrictions in respect of courses to apply in addition to these entry requirements.
Year 12 entry
Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) or its equivalent, such as an interstate or international Year 12 qualification.
- Applicants must meet the associated minimum ATAR score
- Units 3 and 4 – a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or at least 25 in English other than EAL
Led by industry leaders
The Swinburne Online Bachelor of Business (Management) is an accredited qualification from a university ranked among the top 3% in the world. Taught by industry professionals, this course has been designed to give you the skills employers are looking for. You will graduate with the same degree as on-campus students, which will open doors to business opportunities both here and overseas.
A community of thinkers
At Swinburne Online, you will form part of an online community of switched-on business students. You’ll learn from experienced managers, gain insights into areas of business you may not be familiar with, and form a valuable industry network. The connections you make could lead to your next career, or business venture.
A unique learning experience
You shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to study, so we have created a degree that can fit around it. Studying a business course online means you work to your own schedule. And you’ll learn in an interactive environment with other students from your discipline. Here you will manage projects, learn from real life industry examples and develop techniques you can take straight into the workplace.
About Swinburne Online
Swinburne Online is a digital education portal that delivers online university and TAFE courses on behalf of Melbourne’s Swinburne University of Technology (RTO 3059), one of Australia’s leading educational institutions with over 30,000 students.
Offering a wide range of highly engaging and productive university courses online, Swinburne Online’s students have the opportunity to receive the same qualifications as those attending Swinburne University of Technology.
The difference is that learning is done online, so instead of coming onto campus, Swinburne Online students can study any time, anywhere, through an innovative and easy to use digital portal.