The Bachelor of Dance Practice is a specialised degree for individuals passionate about dance and ready to make it their career.
This degree provides students with the skills and knowledge to be leaders within the dance industry and within a wide range of roles such as dance teaching, facilitation of dance for community groups, event management and administration, and as dance practitioners and artists. The Bachelor of Dance Practice can also act as a pathway to the Bachelor of Dance Education.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Dance Teacher
- Private Studios
- Community organisations
- Primary/secondary schools
- Fitness organisations
- Dance Studio Owner
- Independent Dance Artist
- Community Dance Facilitator
- Dance Filmmaker
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- New South Wales
- Olympic Park
Duration Study Load
- 3 Years full time
- Part time equivalent available
Applicants must meet at least ONE of the following criteria to be considered for admission:
- A minimum HSC (Higher School Certificate) average of 60 (calculated from the average of the highest 6 units completed) or equivalent
- A qualification from a recognised higher education provider
- An Associate Diploma, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from a TAFE or other recognised VET provider qualification (Students wishing to enter through Certificate IV must have completed Year 11 or equivalent)
- One year full-time or equivalent in a degree course at an Australian university
- Satisfaction of entry requirements specified under formal articulation arrangements as determined by the ACPE Academic Board
- A recognised overseas qualification with demonstrated proficiency in English
- Demonstration of good selection prospects as a student (for example, relevant work experience and motivation to study), and ineligibility to compete for admission based on the academic achievement criteria (1) to (6)
Additional entry requirement for the Bachelor of Dance Practice: Dance Audition.
Recognition of Prior Learning
An applicant may apply for an assessment of their prior learning at the time of applying for entry to an award course of the college.
While some subjects require mid-term and final exams, assessments may also comprise quizzes, essays, research tasks, practical presentations and dance performances. Students enrolled in an online subject sit their final exam at the College or, if they live at a distance, under external supervision.
Danielle NollBachelor of Dance Practice
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW. For 100 years the College has provided first rate qualifications in physical education (PDHPE), dance education, sports business, health science, health and movement, coaching, applied fitness, and community health. ACPE courses are delivered at its purpose-built campus in Sydney Olympic Park, with a range of courses and individual subjects offered online.