Have you ever wanted to run your own business? Or perhaps you have wanted to work as part of a team in a finance department. This certificate in bookkeeping will give you all of the skills you need to not only crunch the numbers but also assess the health of a business to ensure it is moving in the right direction.
This certificate is made up of two separate modules. Foundations takes you right back to basics with an introduction lesson about bookkeeping before moving into the different business structures. It then teaches you about a balance sheet, profit and loss, double-entry accounting and the various accounting journals.
The applications module then takes you through some more advanced bookkeeping concepts such as calculating depreciation, month-end closures managing inventory, markups vs margins, budgeting, payroll and much more. This will give you the skills required to be able to work with your clients’ accountant and save them lots of $ by preparing a clean set of books
It is very common in the bookkeeping world for most bookkeepers to know how to process transactions but not understand what these numbers actually mean. The information in this certificate will not only allow you to do this but also advise your clients about their business performance which is critical to providing an A-grade bookkeeping service.
Simply Learning Online is partnered with an Australian tax agent firm therefore we have qualified accountants who can support you on your journey and mentor you during the course.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Small Business Owner
- Finance Assistant
- Accounts Manager
- Payroll Officer
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Flexible duration (Ongoing Access to Training and Support)
- Average Course Completion Time 15 – 20 weeks
100% self-paced online learning
Delivered online to suit your schedule and lifestyle, this certificate in Bookkeeping gives you a comprehensive understanding of what is involved in the day to day bookkeeping function of a business. This course provides the tools you need to manage your own books within your own business or someone else’s all while understanding the performance of the business to ensure its successful future.
- 24/7 course access to study at a time that is convenient for you
- Full tutor support service
- Certificate upon completion
- Learning material, downloadable PDF’s
- A complimentary phone consult and ongoing support with one of our qualified accountants
- Introduction to bookkeeping
- The Profit and Loss Statement
- The Cash Receipts and Cash Payments Journal
- Managing Cash Flow, Obtaining Finance, Managing Bad Debts and Accounts
- Payroll, PAYG Taxation, Taxation for Trading Businesses
- Financial Statement Analysis
About Simply Learning Online
Simply Learning Online is the #1 online training academy offering practical education with a focus on courses relevant to real life.
We help you gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to try a new career path, add to your professional development, start a new hobby or business and explore a passion to deepen your knowledge in a special interest. Learn from experts in their field who guide you to see, do, think and experience your course whenever it best suits your time and schedule.
Our courses consist of interactive video tutorials, course relevant industry kits and text-based learning – study from anywhere, anytime with our flexible online learning programs.