Are you looking to launch a career in the growing field of UX Design? Are you looking for a course with REAL world work experience and skill development? Our Career Launcher UX Design course is a 6-month program designed to help you launch your UX career. You will complete 3 real-world projects with leading brands to gain experience AND skills, all in one course. Mentored by leading industry practitioners and a world-class curriculum to ensure you have the best guidance and network to kick-start your career.
Who's It For?
- This course is for those looking to transition into a UX Design career. No prior experience is necessary
Potential career outcomes could include:
- UX Designer
- Product Designer
- Digital Designer
- UX Researcher
What You'll Learn
During your UX Design course, you will develop the confidence to apply the full range of UX Design skills needed to be successful in this profession.
- Develop real-world experience working on live company projects
- Learn the end to end UX Design process and build confidence to apply this to any project
- Develop your behavioural skills to learn what it takes to be an effective UX Designer
- Learn to communicate your design process so you stand out to hiring managers
- Learn the tools that UX designers use every day
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration and Study Load
- 6-month program
- Part-time, 7-10 hours per week
The course is delivered entirely online, with live weekly 3-hour workshop with your mentor and 3 live projects to complete. You will meet real client stakeholders and present your work to them at the conclusion of each project.
- Your first UX project will run for 9-week and will cover the fundamentals
- Your second UX project will run for 7-weeks will cover advanced research techniques
- Your final UX project will run for 7-weeks and will cover advanced UI design and usability testing techniques
- Your mentor is available all throughout the week to field your questions and provide feedback
- The only UX course with real-world projects integrated from day 1 of the course
- Mentorship from some of Australia’s leading UX practitioners
- A full employability scorecard to track your skill progression and salary expectations
- A 90-day job guarantee program. Land a UX role in 90 days after graduation or return for an additional project at no cost to you
- Our assessment process mirrors the real world. Present to real client stakeholders and receive feedback and assessment based on the skills you demonstrated during the project
- You will get access to our Employability Scorecard which maps your skill capabilities directly with a salary expectation and employability range. Developed in consultation with Australia’s leading hiring managers at companies like Google, Commonwealth Bank, Qantas and more
- Access to a computer with a webcam and microphone
- All other tools and materials are provided to students as part of their enrolment. Including 6 months free access to Figma for wireframing and prototyping and 12 months membership to the Interaction Design Foundation
Elinna YauCareer Launcher UX Design Course UX Designer
Natalia MierzwaCareer Launcher UX Design Course UX Designer
Genevieve De VilliersCareer Launcher UX Design Course UX Designer
Why become a UX designer?
- An in-demand field of work with growing job vacancies
- Great starting salaries with an average salary entry-level salary of $70,000
- Work on meaningful projects and contribute to the design of future products and services that we use everyday
Over 75% of our graduates are landing jobs in the UX industry within 90 days of course completion.
About Harness Projects
Harness Projects is an education provider that delivers real project learning experiences with real companies. Gain skills AND experience, all in the one course. Learn UX Design, Product Management or Digital Marketing with leading companies like Qantas, IKEA, and Lendlease as well as Not-For-Profits like Save The Children, Vinnies & Uniting. Whether your upskilling or looking to change career, on our projects you will learn from some of Australia’s leading practitioners and apply your new found skills on projects to solve real business challenges. No textbooks, just real-world experience to become job-ready.
- Build a portfolio of real-world experience
- Delivered online with live weekly workshops.
- Study part-time, 7-10 hours per week
- Receive company co-signed certifications to show evidence of your experience
- Payment plans and study loans are available