This course introduces you to the fundamentals about the taxonomy, biology and behaviour of carnivore animals. The program progresses by addressing the biological characteristics of various groups of carnivores.
Study this course to learn all about these fascinating animals. Learn about the anatomical and physiological features which distinguish carnivores from other types of mammals, how to differentiate between different species of carnivores and about the physiology and behaviours associated with a meat-eating lifestyle such as hunting, predation and social structure and territoriality.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Specialist Vet Employee
- Government Veterinary Services Worker
- Educational and Research Organisation Staff
- Animal Refuges and Welfare Organisations Worker
- Wildlife Reserve Employee
- Park and Zoo Staff
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 100 hours
- Strong students support – We employ top teachers and have spent 35 years building resources to support you
- Our tutors are accessible, with academics on duty in both Australia and the UK daily. True learning is a process guided by expert teachers. Our teaching staff are a team of experts, spread across the world, all university trained and with real-world experience. They include veterinary scientists, agricultural scientists, and behavioural scientists
- Courses are revised and updated in response to feedback from every student who graduates
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school’s tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.