Thinking about a career in Farming and agriculture? Maybe you are looking to start your own business in Cattle Farming? Do you want to live the Australian outback dream of managing your own Cattle Farm? This rewarding certificate has been tailor-made by industry experts for beginner or experienced farmers to equip you with all the skills required to manage your own farming operation. There is no denying that farming is one of the most valued industries in Australia and this is your opportunity to make an impact.
The course starts by giving you an introduction to cattle farming before moving into areas such as cattle breeding, cattle diseases, nutrition and herd management. As there are two main types of cattle farming (Beef & Dairy) this course will give you exposure to both to help you decide which one you prefer and give you all the information you need to get out in the paddock and manage the herd.
The second module focuses on the numbers behind the business. This section starts covers a wide range of topics including introducing you to strategic planning followed by how to make a successful business plan and completing viability analysis to ensure that financial failure doesn’t ruin that Aussie farmers dream you are aspiring for.
As with all Simply Learning Online courses, we have a menu of electives so you can tailor-make your learning experience and focus on the areas that interest you most. There are endless job opportunities in this which you can apply for after completing this certificate or starting your own farming operation. Either way, this certificate will elevate you above your competition.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Cattle Breeder
- Dairy Cattle Farmer
- Beef Cattle Farmer
- Farm Manager
- Cattle Sales
- Retail Assistant
- Business Development
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Flexible duration (Ongoing Access to Training and Support)
- Average Course Completion Time 15 – 20 weeks
100% self-paced online learning
Delivered online to suit your schedule and lifestyle, this certificate in Cattle Farming gives you a comprehensive understanding of the practical and business components to a successful farming operation. Included in the course is a free elective module where you can choose a diverse range of industry-specific topics to develop a deeper understanding in this specialised area.
- 24/7 course access to study at a time that is convenient for you
- Full tutor support service
- Certificate upon completion
- Learning material, downloadable PDF’s
- A complimentary phone consult and ongoing support with one of our qualified accountants
- Introduction to dairy cattle and beef cattle breeds
- Commercial herd management
- Diseases in dairy cattle
- Nutrition in dairy cattle
- Managing dairy cattle
- Managing dairy facilities
- Business plans and viability analysis
- management strategies
About Simply Learning Online
Simply Learning Online is the #1 online training academy offering practical education with a focus on courses relevant to real life.
We help you gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to try a new career path, add to your professional development, start a new hobby or business and explore a passion to deepen your knowledge in a special interest. Learn from experts in their field who guide you to see, do, think and experience your course whenever it best suits your time and schedule.
Our courses consist of interactive video tutorials, course relevant industry kits and text-based learning – study from anywhere, anytime with our flexible online learning programs.