- This fee-for-service program is not eligible for government funding
Do you have a passion for animals? Looking for a career in the pet industry? Have a desire to become a vet nurse?
The Certificate II in Animal Studies is an ideal entry point into the animal care and management industry. This qualification prepares students for entry into sectors of the animal care and management industry, where workers provide care for animals in workplaces such as pet shops, animal shelters, kennels, catteries, groomers, sanctuaries and veterinary clinics.
This course will give you an introduction to the animal care industry and teach you how to conduct animal care work practices in an ethical and humane manner. Learn how to complete animal care hygiene routines, feed and water animals, provide basic first aid, and assist in the health care of animals. You’ll also gain essential workplace skills in effective workplace communication, workplace health and safety, and environmentally sustainable work practices.
The Certificate II in Animal Studies is a pathway into other qualifications such as the Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Assistant grooming attendant
- Pet store assistant
- Trainee groomer
- Kennel assistant
- Boarding assistant
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Gold Coast
Students have up to 12 months to complete the course. However, many students are able to complete their study within this time frame based upon the amount of hours dedicated to study each week
The course is delivered using a blended approach. The theory (knowledge) is taught using our online ‘Learning Centre’ with printed learner’s guides. This allows you the flexibility to study when it suits your schedule. You won’t need to attend any on-campus classes. We’ve designed the course to fit around your work and lifestyle.
Once the student has completed their theory study and assessments, they are then able to commence their practical training. The practical training is taught during work placement or volunteer work. A minimum of 10 days is required to complete the training and practical assessments for the Certificate II Animal Studies.
For those wanting a more intensive program, they are able to attend the academy on the Gold Coast for a 2-week practical training block.
To be eligible for this course, you must:
- Be at least 17 years old
- Completed Year 10, or equivalent
- Internet access and email address
- Organise work placement or volunteer work in a suitable animal facility OR attend the campus for practical training
Online Study (Self-Paced)
- Easy-to-read course materials including posted textbooks
- Videos and Webinars
- Telephone Support from our Accredited Trainers
- Email Support from our Accredited Trainers
- Online Assessments
Practical Training (for students attending the academy)
- Study with qualified groomers and dog trainers
- State-of-the-art academy
- All equipment provided
- FREE Accommodation available onsite
- Practical assessments
- Case studies
- Written assessments
- Online quizzes
About Dentos Pet Stylist Academy
Dentos Pet Stylist Academy is Australia’s leading education provider for dog grooming courses. We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO No. 2875) and the only approved school in Australia to teach Pet Grooming to international students (CRICOS #0185A).The Dentos Pet Stylist Academy was established in 2009 by Emily Myatt, who has over 20 years’ experience within the grooming industry. Emily is a Master Groomer, an Australian award-winning pet stylist, international grooming speaker and international grooming judge.
The Academy is located in Broadbeach Waters, a suburb of the Gold Coast, Qld. The school is fully air-conditioned and includes training rooms, doggy daycare and a fully operational grooming salon. The school is equipped with modern grooming classrooms as well as state of the art equipment.
With a commitment to education, Dentos Pet Stylist Academy develop students who have the knowledge, skills and techniques to become qualified dog groomers.
‘We turn your PASSION, into your PROFESSION’