Calling all animal lovers! This free, nationally recognised TAFE course is for those with a heart full of love for our furry friends, offering a paw-some start in the animal care world.
Opening doors for a career such as:
- Animal Care Attendant
- Animal Shelter Hero
- Kennel Whiz
- Pet Shop Guru
- Assistant Dog Groomer
- Sanctuary Saver
You’ll dive into the basics of caring for animals in various settings, unlocking the secrets of the animal care industry.
Get ready to master grooming, health care, and top-notch hygiene. Follow your passion for animals and make it your career. Let’s get started!
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Animal shelter assistant
- Pet shop assistant
- Animal service provider
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- East Geelong
Duration and Study Load
- East Geelong Campus: PT – 1 day per week | Monday or Tuesday | 9.00am – 4.00pm
- Werribee Campus: PT – 1 day per week | Monday | 9.00am – 4.00pm
- Applicants must be aged 16 or over at the time of course commencement
- Any student under the age of 17 must provide a Transition from School form prior to undertaking this course.
- Applicants are expected to have literacy and numeracy skills at Year 10 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 2.
- Apprenticeship and traineeship applicants must be currently employed under a training contract and referred by their employer.
You must reside in Victoria to access Victorian Government Subsidised Fees and any incentive such as Job Trainer. Full fees apply to all non-Victorian residents.
Each student must complete a pre-training review as part of their application. The outcome of your pre-training review assists our teachers and trainers to better understand your capabilities prior to training and enables you to be matched to the right program. Your literacy and numeracy skills will be evaluated and you may be required to undertake a separate assessment.
- Hands-on projects
- Written assignments
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)