Our General Education for Youth is specifically designed for young people aged 15 to 17, who have not completed Year 10 at school.
The course includes reading, writing and mathematics to prepare students for Year 11 VCE. Students need an exemption from school to be able to enrol at The Gordon if they are under 17 years of age.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- VCE Preparation Youth (in semester 2)
- Year 11 VCE (following year)
- a traineeship or an apprenticeship
What You'll Learn
This course will give you a formal qualification for studying:
- Reading and writing
- General education skills
- Completing a project.
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
Full-time: 6 Month
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon will utilise Gordon Online, our digital learning management system. Classes will be delivered using audio-visual delivery methods to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation.
- Applicants must be 15 years or over at the time of course commencement
- Applicants are expected to have literacy and numeracy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3
- Any student under the age of 17 must provide a Transition from School form prior to undertaking the course
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Written assignments
- Oral presentations and problem-solving
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)