- This course is eligible for JobTrainer and Free TAFE in 2021
Are you looking to enter the plumbing industry, or get a taste for the trade before undertaking an apprenticeship? This pre-apprenticeship course is designed to give you the core skills and knowledge for the industry, and increase your opportunities to gain a plumbing apprenticeship.
The course covers relevant material, equipment, and occupational health and safety procedures to ensure you work safely and effectively on building sites.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Apprentice in the plumbing or building industry
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Hoppers Crossing
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon is utilising Gordon Online, our digital learning management system to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation. Classes are being delivered live (in real-time) using audio-visual delivery methods. Where on-campus attendance is required to complete practical learning and assessments, student numbers are being managed to ensure social distancing can be observed.
- Applicants are expected to have language, literacy, numeracy and communication skills to at least Year 10 level.
- Note: If you cannot read and write documents and complete maths work to the level required you may be accepted to the course, but you may be enrolled in additional subjects to help you build the skills needed to successfully complete the program.
- CPC32413 Certificate III in Plumbing
Recognition of Prior Learning
Each qualification is made up of units of study. To gain RPL, you will need to demonstrate that you have the required skills and knowledge to meet the competencies of the unit.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Written assignments
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)