- Please note: This is a fee-for-service program
- Please note: this course is currently in a transition period (superseded due to Government-mandated updates), with our updated course due for release in the next few months. Rest assured, completion of this course version with us before 30 October 2024 will still provide you with a valid and quality outcome. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact a Career Advisor on 1300 616 197.
Make your start in allied health assistance with a nationally recognised qualification.
The HLT33015 Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance and HLT43015 Allied Health Assistance (Occupational Therapy) is a bundle online course option for those interested in pursuing a career in the allied healthcare industry with an interest in specialising in occupational therapy. These qualifications will equip you with the skills, expertise and experience required to succeed as a working allied health assistant in Australia.
- Already working in the industry? This course will provide you with the qualifications to increase your responsibilities and improve your employability
- Ready to begin your career? Earn a nationally recognised qualification in just 18 months that will leave you fully prepared to apply for your dream jobs
- Looking to change careers? Get certified through a flexible, online course that boasts strong employment opportunities upon graduating
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Allied health assistant
- Occupational therapy assistant
What You'll Learn
- Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- Communicate and work in health or community services
- Work with diverse people
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Assist with an allied health program
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Up to 18 months
- Submit 1 unit of competency every 3 weeks to graduate in 18 months
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
- Students under the age of 18 years require the signed consent of a parent or guardian to enrol in this qualification
- You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent
In order to complete the online part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High-speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic (Dial-up access is not recommended)
- Windows: Operating system – Windows 8 or above
- Internet Browser: Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- MAC: Operating system – OS X 10.14 Mojave or later
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)
- Students may need to undertake a Working with Children check to meet individual work placement employer requirements
- When undertaking both qualifications you must complete at least 120 hours of practical placement with a qualified allied health professional
- Please note if you undertake these qualifications separately, you will be required to complete 80 hours in Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance and a further 120 hours in Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance
- Knowledge questions
- Case studies
- Workplace projects
*This course contains the units HLTAID011 Provide first aid, and HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605), which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Please note that the cost of this external training is not included in your course fees.
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is an established Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in Australia that strives to provide flexible online training solutions tailored to suit the lifestyle of our students. Since 1999, our focus has been on delivering excellent Vocational Education and Training while fostering partnership networks that enhance the quality of graduates across various industries. We have a valuable collaboration with the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT), our partner RTO. Offering over 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses, we stand out in the industry because:
- Flexible Online Study – Our courses are conveniently delivered online, allowing you to study at your own pace and location. You have the freedom to choose the duration of your course, whether completing it within the standard term or accelerating your studies to finish in just six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Throughout your learning journey, our team of industry-experienced technical advisors, assessors, and support officers will be there to guide and assist you from enrollment until graduation, ensuring you receive the support you need.
- Industry-Relevant Courses – We collaborate with industry experts to develop course materials that equip you with job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge aligned with your career aspirations, ensuring that our courses are relevant to the current industry demands.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 22557)