- This fee-for-service program is not eligible for government funding.
Pursue a meaningful career in allied health with a nationally recognised qualification.
A Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance and Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Physiotherapy) will give you the practical skills and knowledge needed to work in the role of an allied health assistant to health professionals. This dual qualification allows you the opportunity to streamline your learning experience and specialise in physiotherapy without having to do additional practical work hours.
- Already working in the industry? This course will provide you with qualifications to increase your responsibilities and improve your employability
- Ready to begin your career? Earn a nationally recognised qualification in just 18 months that will leave you fully prepared to apply for your dream jobs
- Looking to change careers? Get certified through a flexible, online course that boasts strong employment opportunities upon graduating
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Allied health assistant
- Physiotherapy assistant
What You'll Learn
- Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- Communicate and work in health or community services
- Work with diverse people
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Assist with an allied health program
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Up to 18 months
- Submit 1 unit of competency every 3 weeks to graduate in 18 months
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
- Students under the age of 18 years require the signed consent of a parent or guardian to enrol in this qualification
- You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent
In order to complete the online part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High-speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic (Dial-up access is not recommended)
- Windows: Operating system – Windows 8 or above
- Internet Browser: Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- MAC: Operating system – OS X 10.14 Mojave or later
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)
- Students may need to undertake a Working with Children check to meet individual work placement employer requirements
- When undertaking both qualifications you must complete at least 120 hours of practical placement with a qualified allied health professional
- Please note if you undertake these qualifications separately, you will be required to complete 80 hours in Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance and a further 120 hours in Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance
- Knowledge questions
- Case studies
- Workplace projects
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drives the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Our courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrollment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 22557)