- This fee-for-service program is not eligible for government funding
You care about people and their wellbeing. You also want to make a difference in the medical industry by supporting the business administration so that the care given to patients can be top notch. The medical profession absolutely needs people like you to get on board and be the caring, efficient, diligent staff who keep administration running smoothly. By completing the Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical), you’ll find yourself in professional environments where your skills will be highly valued. Being a busy, challenging field that requires dedication and passion, you’ll find that your job satisfaction is immense.
Enjoy a variety of opportunities in diverse fields such as general practice, major hospitals, dental and optical businesses and all manner of medical clinics. Get qualified and find yourself in the role you want sooner! This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to deliver administration support in a range of healthcare settings such as general practice, dental surgeries, hospitals, health clinics and allied health clinics.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Medical Receptionist
- Medical Records Clerk
- Medical Secretary
- Administration Assistant
- Clerical Worker
- Data Entry Operator
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Up to 12 months
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the online part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable (Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended)
- Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above
- Internet Browser – Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
- Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later
- Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome
Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning
Yes, you are able to receive recognition of prior learning for this course. What this means is that if you have already gained skills and knowledge through work and life experiences, then recognition of what you’ve learned and done can reduce the time it takes to achieve your qualification.
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drives the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Our courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrollment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 22557)