The Certificate III in Carpentry is a trade level qualification and provides students with the necessary skills, knowledge and skills to work on a building site in the area of construction carpentry. Students will learn how to efficiently produce quality work in the building and construction, renovation and maintenance sectors of the industry.
Major areas of study include interpretation of plans, measurements and calculations, use of power tools and equipment, installing flooring and constructing timber external stairs etc. The course is primarily aimed at the residential sector of the industry where students will be able to construct the domestic framework, formwork, scaffolding and footings.
You will also gain the knowledge to be able to interpret plans & apply work health and safety to ensure you meet industry safety standard requirements at all times. This program is delivered in Ever thought Education’s purpose-designed facilities where the emphasis is placed on providing hands-on, practical training. Training is delivered by accredited, trade trainers/assessors with current industry experience.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Commercial Carpenter
What You'll Learn
- Construct and erect timber and steel wall framing and roof structures
- Construct and erect non-load bearing internal partition walls
- Install windows and doors including framing
- Erect ceiling and subfloor framing
- Install timber and sheet flooring
- Install exterior cladding, fascias and soffits
- Install metal roofing
- Construct timber stairs
- Fix internal linings, panelling and mouldings
- Install door and window locks and furniture
- Restore and renovate doors, windows and frames
- Install fitments
- Concreting to simple forms, including install formwork, reinforcement and concrete
- Erect and strip formwork, including slip form and jump form formwork
- Incidental work of another class
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Western Australia
Duration and Study Load
- 2 years full time (8 terms)
- Students must be 18+ years old & have completed Australian Year 10 qualification (or equivalent)
About Everthought Education
At Everthought Education we are experts in building & construction training and skills development, equiping our students with the best education – onsite and in our purpose-built training centres.
Our colleges, located in Brisbane Queensland and Perth Western Australia, have been training since 2003. With trainers and assessors Australia-wide, we offer the ability to deliver training across the country. We cater to all learning styles and our flexible study options have a focus on practical learning and hands-on experience, designed to fit around your schedule. We are proud to offer a suite of qualifications in Building & Construction, from Certificate III trade qualifications through to Advanced Diplomas.
Everthought Education Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation ( RTO 32438)