- This fee-for-service program is not eligible for government funding
Combine two dental qualifications for career success, with specialist oral health knowledge
The Certificate III in Dental Assisting and Certificate IV in Dental Assisting – Oral Health Promotion Specialisation will prepare you to oversee the day-to-day running of a busy dental practice as a qualified Dental Assistant. This dual qualification will teach you to communicate and work in health or community services, assist with administration work in dental practices, prepare for and assist with oral health care procedures, implement and monitor infection prevention and control policies and procedures and process reusable medical devices and equipment.
Through the oral health component of your course, you will gain the skills and knowledge required to implement an individualised oral hygiene program and promote the general well-being of patients through promotion of healthy eating habits and good oral health.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Dental Assistant
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 18 months
Study Load – Submit 1 unit of competency every 1.5 weeks to graduate in 12 months, plus 300 hours of practical placement
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
Students under the age of 18 years require the signed consent of a parent or guardian to enrol in this qualification.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
For mandatory work placement (300 hours, including an initial 50 hours completed in simulation), students must have access to a dental practice and a qualified supervisor i.e. a person who holds Certificate III in Dental Assisting or a higher relevant qualification.
Students may need to undertake a Working with Children check to meet individual work placement employer requirements
This course also includes a minimum of 300 hours of work placement in a dental clinic as sourced by the student.
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drives the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Our courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrollment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 22557)