- This fee-for-service program is not eligible for government funding
Get the best start to your dental assisting career with two dental qualifications
With these two nationally recognised qualifications, you will gain the skills and knowledge to complement a multi-disciplinary team in a dental practice. With the Certificate III in Dental Assisting and Certificate IV in Dental Assisting – Radiography Specialisation, you will be able to assist with administration processes in dental practice and effectively work alongside a team of dental professionals such as Dentists.
You will work through particular units focussed on working with diverse people and communicating effectively with clients, colleagues, management and other industry providers. In addition, you will learn how to comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures, prepare for and assist with oral health care procedures and process reusable medical devices and equipment.
Please note that this course is currently in a transition period (superseded due to Government-mandated updates), with updates due for release in the coming year. Rest assured, completion of this course version before 29 April 2022 will still provide you with a valid and quality outcome. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Hygienist Assistant
- Dental Prosthetist Assistant
- Dental Therapy Assistant
- Dental Receptionist
- Dental Sterilisation Nurse
- Dental Receptionist
- Treatment Coordinator
- Dental Radiographer
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 19 months
- Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
- Students under the age of 18 years require the signed consent of a parent or guardian to enrol in this qualification.
- You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
- For mandatory work placement (300 hours, including an initial 50 hours completed in simulation), students must have access to a dental practice and a qualified supervisor i.e. a person who holds Certificate III in Dental Assisting or a higher relevant qualification
Students may need to undertake a Working with Children check to meet individual work placement employer requirements
- This course also includes a minimum of 300 hours of work placement in a dental clinic as sourced by the student
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drives the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Our courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrollment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 22557)