- This fee-for-service program is not eligible for government funding
Dental Assistants are highly sought after and enjoy a great pay rate. This Nationally Recognised qualification provides students with the skills and knowledge required to work as a Dental Assistant in a Dentist’s Practice.
The uniqueness of our course is that we provide the students with their workplace observation in a dental surgery through our alliance with few highly successful dental surgeries in Gold Coast and Brisbane. Assistance is provided for workplace observation in other areas.
There would be a nurse or dentist with you at all times explaining the procedures, instruments, infection control protocols throughout the duration of workplace observation. At the end of the six weeks, you would have had exposure to all aspects of general dentistry.
This is an excellent program and also very unique as the dental practices will take special care with your observations, unlike other workplace observations. In addition, you will also receive a Certificate of attendance from the Dental Practice which will be an added advantage for your resume.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Nurse
- Dental Adminsitrator
- Dentist Practice Manager
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 565 hours of self-paced study
- The course is done completely via distance other than the Workplace observation. Workplace observation is a mandatory requirement for the course
- There are no pre-requisites for the HLT35015 – Certificate III in Dental Assisting, However, the ability to read, comprehend, discuss and analyse printed information in English and to write statements, solve basic problems and work effectively with clients, colleagues and supervisors are essential skills required to fulfil the work role
About Health Courses Australia
Health Courses Australia is a Registered Training Organisation offering Nationally Recognised Qualifications in Health, Aged, Counselling and Dental assistance. The main objective of Health Courses Australia is to ensure nationally recognised qualifications can still be done majorly via online or distance while still working within the boundaries of compliancy making them accessible to people living in remote areas, work at home mums or people who work full time or part-time and just cannot afford to attend a physical location for upskilling or entering into a new industry. We pride ourselves on the high level of student care we provide.
Health Courses Australia Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 32412)