- This fee-for-service program is not eligible for government funding.
Dental Assistants are highly sought after and enjoy a great pay rate.
This Nationally Recognised qualification provides students with the skills and knowledge required to work as a Dental Assistant in a Dentist’s Practice.
The uniqueness of our course is that we provide the students with their workplace observation in a dental surgery through our alliance with a few highly successful dental surgeries in Gold Coast and Brisbane. Assistance is provided for workplace observation in other areas.
There would be a nurse or dentist with you at all times explaining the procedures, instruments, infection control protocols throughout the duration of workplace observation. At the end of the six weeks, you would have had exposure to all aspects of general dentistry.
This is an excellent program and also very unique as the dental practices will take special care with your observations, unlike other workplace observations.
The course is done completely via distance other than the Work Place observation. Workplace observation is a mandatory requirement for the course.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Nurse
- Dental Adminsitrator
- Dentist Practice Manager
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- It is recommended that students attempt to complete this course in approximately 20 weeks, but they may take longer. You will have a maximum of 1 year to complete the course.
- This course will be delivered through online training and the practical will be completed at the work placement.
- HLT35021 Certificate III in Dental Assisting has no specific entry requirements. However, the ability to read, comprehend, discuss and analyse printed information in English and to write statements, solve basic problems and work effectively with clients, colleagues and supervisors are essential skills required to fulfil the work role.
- Unpaid Workplace Training for 6 weeks (250 Hours) in a Dental Clinic is a Compulsory Component of this course. Students are assessed during Workplace Training.
- Students may be required to produce a current Police Record Check to the Dental Clinic and the dental clinic might have a requirement for the student to have completed Provide first aid unit prior to commencement of Workplace Training. In this case, the students pay the cost of the application for the Police Record check and to do the first aid unit independently.
- We can organise placement for students in the Brisbane/Gold Coast area however students in other areas will need to find their own placement at a Dental Clinic or similar, insurance and assistance is provided from Health Courses Australia.
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is available upon request.
- Recognition of Prior Learning is a process where a student may be granted credit or partial credit towards a qualification in recognition of skills and knowledge gained through work experience, life experience and /or formal training.
- RPL assessment is performed by a qualified assessor and should be applied for prior to commencing the program.
- Written assignments
- Written tests
- Observations in a simulated environment
- Observations in workplace training
- Project work
- Case studies
The course will give you credits into higher vocational qualifications in Dental Assisting. (8 core units and 2 elective units (pre-selected) must be completed successfully for the award of the Certificate).
About Health Courses Australia
Health Courses Australia is a Registered Training Organisation offering Nationally Recognised Qualifications in Health, Aged, Counselling and Dental assistance. The main objective of Health Courses Australia is to ensure nationally recognised qualifications can still be done majorly via online or distance while still working within the boundaries of compliancy making them accessible to people living in remote areas, work at home mums or people who work full time or part-time and just cannot afford to attend a physical location for upskilling or entering into a new industry. We pride ourselves on the high level of student care we provide.
Health Courses Australia Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 32412)