- This fee-for-service program is not eligible for government funding
Build a fulfilling career working with children.
If you delight in seeing young children explore their world, learn and grow, and would like to make childhood education your career, this is an ideal place to start. With the new Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, you’ll learn how to support children’s wellbeing and development in the context of an approved learning framework.
The CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care provides you with the skills, training and expertise needed to work as an early childhood educator across regulated children’s education and care services in Australia.
This qualification will enable you to support children’s wellbeing and development in the context of an approved learning framework. From nurturing babies and children to identifying children at risk, educators use a range of well-developed skills and knowledge and apply discretion and judgment when carrying out their work in the context of established policies and procedures
Who's It For?
Already working in childcare without any formal training?
This course will provide you with qualifications to increase your responsibilities and help you turn your passion into a career filled with opportunities.
Ready to contribute more?
With a nationally recognised qualification in just 18 months, you’ll be able to put your creativity into practice and take your career to the next level.
Looking to change careers?
Get certified through a flexible, online course that boasts strong employment opportunities upon graduating.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Long Day Care Educator
- Kindergarten Assistant
- Childcare Assistant
- Early Childhood Educator
What You'll Learn
- Support children’s health, safety and wellbeing
- Support the holistic learning and development of children
- Nurture babies and toddlers
- Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
And much more!
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Up to 18 months to complete 17 units of theory online.
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
- Students must apply for their Working with Children check at course commencement.
- For mandatory work placement (160 hours), students must have access to a regulated family daycare service provider in Australia, with an appropriate range of work tasks and ratios of children, AND access to a qualified supervisor (i.e. a person who holds a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care or equivalent).
- Where required, we will assist you in organising a work placement location of your choosing.
Flexible Online Study
Our courses are delivered online, so you can study whenever and wherever suits you.
Dedicated Student Support
Our Support Officers, Assessors and experienced education advisors will support you from enrolment through to graduation.
Course material is developed in consultation with education experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
- 160 hours of practical assessment work in a regulated children’s education and care service in Australia.
- Knowledge questions
- Case study
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drives the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Our courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrollment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 22557)