- Please note that Melbourne City Institute of Education cannot accept a Subclass 500 Student Visa
The Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113) is the perfect first step into the world of early childhood education. This Certificate is suitable if you would like to enter the industry quickly.
Equipped with the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education & Care, you will have the tools and knowledge to support the implementation of an approved learning framework. Early education educators with this qualification usually work under direct supervision and sometimes autonomously. The qualification fully meets the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Early Childhood Educator
- Family Day Care Educator
- Playgroup Supervisor
- Out of School Hours Care Educator
- Kindergarten Assistant
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Melbourne CBD
Duration and Study Load
- 52 weeks
- Classroom & Tuition – 36 x 8 hour sessions
- 8 hours Study time per session
- 120 hours work placement
- Students must complete a Pre-Training Review, meet the Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skill standards for this qualification and demonstrate that they are a suitable candidate for this course
- Recommended age of 18
- Evidence of Australian citizenship or permanent residency is required
MCIE will find the work placement for students into a regulated ECEC service. 120 work placement hours are required.
It is a requirement that students obtain the following documents before commencing work placement.
- Police Check (at applicant expense – cost between $30 and $50 AUD)
- Working with Children Check (volunteer status – no charge)
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have previously worked or studied in Early Childhood Education and Care, you may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning or Credit Transfer.
- Written assessment
- Workplace-based tasks
- Assessor observations
About Melbourne City Institute of Education
MCIE is a vibrant Melbourne based Registered Training Organisation (RTO) with focus is on student support. MCIE has helped students fulfil their career goals in hospitality, early childhood education, aged care, leadership & management and business. Our students receive career-focused training that is industry driven to achieve best practice job ready outcomes. Industry consultation ensures the curriculum delivers the right skills, knowledge, and experiences that support students with vocational and employment goals.
Melbourne City Institute of Education is a trading name of Melbourne City Institute of Education Pty. Ltd. as Trustee for MCIE Unit Trust which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 22172)