Funded* child care courses available for eligible students in Victoria! Invest in your future and follow your passion. Start your child care career today!
This course is designed to replicate the work that you will be doing in your role as an educator in early childhood care. We use a variety of assessment methods, and our trainers will work with you to develop an individual training and assessment plan that suits both your work and skills. Assessment includes; short answer questions, projects, workplace tasks and observations in the workplace. In order for us to assess your skills, you will be required to work with each age group during your course.
Who will be my Trainer?
As you enrol, you will be provided with a qualified and skilled trainer that will support you through your entire course. The trainer will visit you in your workplace and provide you with individual training and assessment. Your trainer will also provide support to you via telephone and email. A workplace coach will also be allocated to you within the workplace. The workplace coach will mentor you through tasks and provide you with many opportunities to practice your skills.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Early Childhood Educator
- Playgroup Supervisor
- Family Day Care Educator
- Nanny, Recreation Assistant and or School Age Educator
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- A current Working with Children Check is required
- There are no formal entry requirements for this course although it is expected that students will have the appropriate literacy and numeracy skills and a genuine interest in caring for children
Practical Outcomes students who are not already employed in an early childhood education and care centre are required to undertake a minimum of 120 hours of practical placement in at least one regulated education and care service throughout the duration of their studies.
Recognition of Prior Learning
We have an extensive recognition process. You will be provided with the opportunity to apply for recognition against any or all of the units in this course. As you progress through each of the key areas of learning other opportunities to apply for recognition will occur.
Students will be issued with a certificate on completion of all units of competency within a qualification. Statements of attainment will be issued for partial completion.
15 core and 3 electives = 18 units
About Practical Outcomes
With many education providers in the market, we understand choosing the right provider can be difficult. At Practical Outcomes, we pride ourselves on being a leading compliant Registered Training Organisation (RTO), and to assist you in your own assessment of us, have published the following information providing transparency in our performance.
Practical Outcomes is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO : 21857)