Study the Certificate III in Early childhood Education and Care! Invest in your future and follow your passion. Start your child care career today!
The Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care is the entry level qualification for anyone who wants to work in the Early Childhood Education industry.
This qualification covers the fundamentals of early childhood development, education and care. Upon completion of the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care you will have the skills, knowledge and experience to plan activities to promote children’s learning through play. These experiences will enable children to develop into confident and competent learners during their time spent at their Early Learning Centre. As a result of the practical components of Selmar’s Early Childhood course, you will be ready to commence a career as an Early Childhood Educator, a Family Day Care Educator or Nanny.
If you are considering studying an early childhood course at Selmar, we offer our Melbourne campus as well as via distance and blended or through a workplace traineeship in NSW, VIC or QLD. Our experienced and supportive facilitators will be with you every step of the way.
They are passionate about delivering quality early childhood courses and relevant learning opportunities to our students.
Placement Organised by Us
We see huge importance in hands-on learning and therefore organise all workplace study at the childcare facilities throughout Melbourne. This saves you the stress and ensures that you can build the skills and experience necessary.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Early Learning Educator
- Kindergarten Assistant
- Outside School Hours Care Educator
- Playgroup Supervisor
- Family Day Care Educator
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Workplace: 12 months
- Campus: 31 weeks
- To complete Selmar’s Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, your Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills must meet required standards for Certificate III level study.
- Completion of a course requirement form.
- Ongoing support and communication is provided from our experienced and friendly trainers, no matter which study option you choose – for off campus training, regular trainer contact is maintained via phone, email and placement visits. Yes, we come to you!
- Studying at Selmar also provides loads of other benefits and inclusions such as: First Aid certificate, free police check, learning materials, placement uniform, starter pack, language, literacy and numeracy support, campus Wi-Fi, food safety training add on at only $50.
Unlike many other providers, we organise your practical placement for you so you can focus on your study.
It is a requirement for anyone who is completing practical placement or working in the Early Childhood industry to hold a current Working with Children Check (WWCC).
The WWCC must be applied for immediately as it can take several months for your application to be processed
Recognition of Prior Learning
Selmar Institute of Education provides Recognition of Prior learning.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) allows assessment of the student’s previously unrecognised skills and knowledge.
About Selmar Institute of Education
Selmar Institute of Education is one of Australia’s leading Registered Training Organisations (RTO), With over 10 years’ experience educating over 24,000 students.
Selmar delivers dynamic, fully-accredited courses in Early Childhood, Aged Care and Disability education. We offer high-quality training both on-campus, blended and in the workplace, ensuring students have a real-life hands-on experience to succeed in the industry. In fact, 39% of our campus students received an offer of employment while on placement.
As pioneers in the RTO industry, our approach to education and assisting students in Australia is second-to-none, and yet working with industry we continue to innovate. Our courses are flexible yet robust, and blend industry requirements with the content, policies and procedures to give our students the best opportunities to succeed.
Selmar students enjoy a positive, supportive learning environment, provided by passionate and knowledgeable trainers. Our course materials and trainers are adaptable to suit different student needs and lifestyles. Our practical, innovative programs provide a wealth of opportunities, helping students to unlock their potential and thrive in their chosen career.
Selmar Institute of Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 121531)