This nationally recognised qualification is designed to help you develop in-demand skills and turn your passion for working with children into a successful career.
Gain essential skills in areas such as how to communicate with children, support play and learning/basic development needs, provide food and basic health services including first aid and workplace health and safety processes.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Early childhood educator
- Family day care educator
- Out-of-school hours care educator
What You'll Learn
- Professionally care for and communicate with children
- Support play and learning and basic developmental needs
- Provide food and basic health services
- Gain critical skills and develop the confidence employers will recognise and value
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 18 months
- Online with Structure Workplace Learning and Assessment (SWLA)
There are no prerequisite academic requirements for this course. However, students must be 18 years of age or above.
- World-class online learning platform designed to keep students engaged and learning effectively
- Study on any device – desktop or mobile
- Dedicated trainer support using your choice of communication – online chat, email, phone call, or video chat
- Balance work, family, social life and study
About Swinburne Open Education
We are focused on helping more and more Australians achieve their career aspirations and ensuring they’re prepared for future workforce needs. We support you to achieve your career goals, from work-integrated learning, to work placement. We’ve partnered with industry experts that need people like you, now.
Swinburne Open Education courses are delivered and assessed by UP Education, one of the largest private education groups in the Asia-Pacific. All qualifications are nationally recognised in Australia and are awarded by Swinburne University of Technology.
Together, UP Education and Swinburne University of Technology have established Swinburne Open Education – a world-class, online native learning platform, to help you reach your career goals, anytime, anywhere.
Swinburne University of Technology is a registered training organisation (RTO 3059)