The SIS30321 Certificate III in Fitness is your entry-level on campus and online fitness course to get into the Fitness Industry.
This qualification reflects the role of instructors who perform a range of activities and functions within the fitness industry. Fitness Instructors may plan and deliver group exercise sessions and develop gym-based programs for individuals where personalised instruction and ongoing client monitoring are limited.
Fitness Instructors work in predictable environments under general supervision. When instructing groups or interacting with clients, they use discretion and judgment to solve routine issues within clearly defined organisational policies and procedures.
FIT College will provide you with the study tools, support and network to kick start your career in Fitness with the perfect Fitness course for you.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Gym Instructor
- Group Fitness Instructor
- Outdoor Group Fitness Instructor
What You'll Learn
- Learn to conduct fitness assessments
- Learn to provide individually tailored client assessments, program development, program demonstration and client reviews
- Learn to provide technique correction as needed
- Learn to work within predictable settings such as a fitness facility, recreation or community facility
- Learn to provide supervision of a facility or service (i.e. observing client use of facilities)
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- There are no entry requirements for the SIS30321 Certificate III in Fitness. However, applicants will be required to meet the course LLN requirements.
About FIT College
FIT College is a registered training organisation that began in 2009, offering accredited fitness courses to Sunshine Coast locals. This, in turn, fulfilled a need for qualified personal trainers for gyms in the area. We at FIT College are dedicated to ensuring our graduates are knowledgeable, work-ready and inspired to promote healthy and fit lifestyles. From that small local beginning, FIT College has grown to be a well-respected educator of fitness professionals in all capital cities and many regional centres in Australia and Internationally. Our fitness graduates continue to lead and inspire in a competitive world.
FIT College has expanded to include First Aid, Education, Business and Management courses to complement our fitness courses. First Aid courses are essential for all fitness professionals to maintain registration each year, and FIT College can help you stay up to date. These courses are open to all industries, not just fitness; however, adding a business or management course to your fitness qualifications could give you that extra edge when you move into the real world.
FIT College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #31903)