Do you want to boost your skills, knowledge and confidence before following a pathway into nursing or other health or community service fields?
Our Certificate III in General Education for Adults “BINS” (22474VIC ) is designed to help you move into further study with confidence. The course includes research skills and assignment writing, maths and problem solving, science (incorporating some anatomy and physiology as well as presentations), goal setting and education pathway planning.
This course also includes some blended materials via Gordon Online.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- VCE Year 12
- Diploma of Nursing (HLT54115)
What You'll Learn
You will gain a formal credential for studying reading and writing, mathematics, oral communication and general education skills.
We offer general education courses at four levels with the highest level equivalent to Year 11 secondary education. You will undertake an initial assessment to determine the appropriate course level for you.
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 6 months
- 2 Days per week
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon will utilise Gordon Online, our digital learning management system. Classes will be delivered using audio-visual delivery methods to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation.
- Applicants are expected to have literacy skills at Year 12 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 4 and numeracy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3
- Applicants must be aged 17 or over
Recognition of Prior Learning
Each qualification is made up of units of study. To gain RPL, you will need to demonstrate that you have the required skills and knowledge to meet the competencies of the unit.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Written assignments
- Oral presentations and problem-solving
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)