The program gives you the entry-level qualification recognised by the hairdressing industry. Our program focuses on providing you with hands-on experience with the guidance of our qualified Instructors. You will be learning in a positive atmosphere and have access to a working Salon to practice your newly discovered skills.
Potential career outcomes could include:
What You'll Learn
This program has been designed to teach you practical skills in:
- Design and style
- Foundation colour
- Hair and scalp treatments
- Long hair design
- Protein treatments and straightening
- Men’s grooming
- Advanced cutting and colour techniques
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Melbourne CBD
Duration and Study Load
- Non-traineeship: Estimated Duration 52 weeks
- Apprenticeship: Estimated Duration of 156 weeks
Non-traineeship: Face to Face – Virtual Classroom and Interactive Workshops in the TMG College Australia’s Salon
- There are no entry requirements for this program, however, students are required to undertake a Pre-Training Review and a Language
- Literacy, Numeracy and Digital Literacy Assessment.
- These will assist with determining suitability and relevance into course entry and identification of any support needs.
Recognition of Prior Learning
We provide Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) where student work experience or qualifications of an advanced and related nature have been undertaken. RPL result is subject to the quality and amount of the evidence submitted by the student to TMG
Assessment methods may include:
- Knowledge questions
- Research and Report/Assignment writing
- Case studies/Simulated scenarios
- Workplace Practical Demonstration
The SHB30416 Certificate III in Hairdressing requires 28 subjects:
About TMG College Australia
We understand how important it is to not only choose the right qualification for you, but also the right Australian Registered Training Organisation (RTO) to enhance your learning experience.
For over 15 years, we have established ourselves as one of Australia’s leading Registered Training Organisations by building trusted relationships with Students and offering career-boosting courses, dedicated Trainers, a strong Student support network and a great culture.
Our 60+ qualifications reflect current work practices, industry workplace expectations and offer flexible delivery modes to ensure you are job-ready after graduating. We have everything you need to enhance your study and career opportunities for the future.
TMG College Australia is a business name of The Malka Group P/L which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 21694).