- Government funding is only available to Australian citizens and permanent residents in the state of Victoria. International students living in Australia cannot apply for this course.
This qualification reflects the role of hairdressers who use a range of well-developed sales, consultation and technical skills and knowledge to provide a broad range of hairdressing services to clients. They use discretion and judgement to provide client services and take responsibility for the outcomes of their own work. Students will learn about various hairdressing aspects such as cutting, foiling, straightening while learning how to coordinate a salon team. You will undertake tasks performed in real hairdressing salons as well as our simulated salon environment under the direct supervision of our trainers. This qualification provides a pathway to work as a hairdresser in any industry environment, usually a salon.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- St Albans
Duration and Study Load
- 52 weeks
- SHB30416 Certificate III in Hairdressing is delivered as face to face delivery in a combination of classroom and salon environment.
- Class sessions are planned to ensure that you have a mixture of practical and theoretical components and those classes cater for a wide variety of learning styles.
- Additionally, workplace practices and environments will be regularly simulated and used to conduct skills-based assessments in accordance with unit requirements.
- Homework tasks may include research, readings from related textbooks and continuing to work on assessment tasks.
- Students are provided with learning resources for each unit to support their learning
- Prospective students are must be at least 18 years of age.
- To assist prospective students to determine whether a course is suitable and appropriate for their individual needs, Angel Institute will conduct a Pre-Training Review.
- Required to complete the Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment, administered by and to the satisfaction of Angel Institute.
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a process where skills and knowledge that you have gained through work and life experience and other unrecognised training can be formally recognised.
- Angel Institute of Education has a process that has been structured to minimise the time and cost to applicants and provides a supportive approach to students wishing to take up this option.
- You should ideally apply for RPL at the time of enrolment, but you may also apply up to 2 weeks into your course. During the entry process and interview stage Angel Institute of Education will discuss with you the process and options for RPL.
- Suitability is often determined by how much experience you have in a certain area, your work history and previous training. If RPL is determined as a possibility for you, you will be provided with a kit that will guide you in working through each unit to determine relevant skills and experience and identify whether you would be able to provide the required evidence.
- A trainer/assessor will be available to assist you throughout this process.
Assessment will be conducted individually. You will be provided with a Student Assessment Booklet for each unit of competency/cluster/topic which includes:
- A full description of all assessment tasks for the unit of competency
- Assessment instructions for each unit of competency
- Assessment resources for each unit of competency
- Details about when the assessment will occur
- Details about assessment submission
A variety of assessment methods used for this qualification including:
- Written questions
You will be required to complete assessments in class and there may be a need for some work to be done as homework, however, this is not expected to exceed 4 hours per week.
All students will complete a language literacy and numeracy assessment upon enrolment to determine their learning support needs.
All students will be provided with a range of learning support options and resources to help them achieve competency. Where additional support needs have been identified an Individual Support Plan will be developed which may include:
- Mentoring from trainers
- Additional classes, tutorials and workshops
- Online support and exercises for some courses
- Computer and technology support
- Referral to external support services
Provision of additional support services will be provided where necessary to enable students to participate in the same way as any other person regardless of whether support services have been required.
- Angel Institute of Education can grant you credit towards your course for units of competency that you have already completed with another RTO or authorised issuing organisation.
- We can also grant you Credit for subjects or units you have completed where equivalence can be established between the unit in your course and the subject or unit you have completed.
- There is no charge to apply for Credit. To apply, fill in the Credit Application Form and submit it as part of your enrolment.
*Please refer to your Student Handbook for more information on Course Credit.
- You will be required to complete a language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) assessment prior to finalising your enrolment to ensure that the course is suitable for you and that Angel Institute of Education is able to meet your individual needs.
- The assessment includes a test and an interview to complete the verbal component of the test.
- If you do not achieve the required level in your LLN assessment Angel Institute will (where possible) provide student support measures. Where this is not possible your enrolment application will not be accepted in this instance, and you will be referred to appropriate external services or courses.
- You may reapply in the future once you have undertaken further language, literacy and numeracy skills training.
About Angel Institute of Education
Angel Institute of Education has been in operation since 2008. We are a nationally accredited training provider with our qualifications being recognized by leading industry associations worldwide.
We offer a wide range of nationally recognised qualifications in hairdressing, childcare, individual support and English as an Additional Language. Our primary aim is to provide quality educational services to guide the students towards the path of success.
Our training programs are aligned with skills first program objectives in enabling students to obtain the required skills to make them job-ready, assist individuals to undertake further education and enabling access to training for disadvantaged learners. All our training programs are aligned to provide training services in the best interests of students.
Students are taught to be creative in their learning and innovative in their practices so they stand out amongst the rest. Our classes are small, and our course delivery is structured and tailored to meet student needs. Our standards are set high so our students graduate with the best possible skills and experience to help them employment and longevity in their desired industry.
We aim to provide personal attention to every student, maintain a realistic student to teacher ratio and interview prospective students to ensure that we have a healthy mix of dedicated students who are serious about wanting to learn and excel at their new craft.