- This fee-for-service program is not eligible for government funding
Embark on a rewarding career in the hospitality sector.
The Certificate III in Hospitality will equip you with a number of practical skills, which will enable you to work effectively in a variety of roles and venues.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who have a range of well-developed hospitality service, sales or operational skills and sound knowledge of industry operations. Using discretion and judgement, they work with some independence and under limited supervision using plans, policies and procedures to guide work activities.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multiskilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, food and beverage and gaming.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Reception Front Desk Staff
- Function Host
- Food and Beverage Attendant
- Gaming Attendant
- Housekeeper (Hotel/Motel)
- Espresso Coffee Machine Operator
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
Flexible online learning, meaning you can study whenever and wherever suits you through our online learning platform, My eCampus.
- Up to 12 months
- Online, combined with 36 practical service periods or shifts to be completed in a hospitality environment sourced by the student
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
Students under the age of 18 years require the signed consent of a parent or guardian to enrol in this qualification.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Given that some students may already be able to demonstrate their competence in some units, a recognition of prior learning (RPL) assessment process may be available to students to recognise skills and knowledge that may have been gained through formal and informal training and/or learning, work experience and life experience.
- Shift Details: 36 shifts at a minimum of 2 hours per shift
- Workplace requirements: Candidate should have access to a facility that provides table service and not over the counter order
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drives the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Our courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrollment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 22557)