This qualification will create exciting possibilities for you in the hospitality industry. You will build a broad range of valuable skills and knowledge that will open the door to various career pathways such as gaming attendant, function host and front desk receptionist.
The skills you learn will become an instrumental part of your career, enabling you to understand cultural sensitivity and apply it in various situations. You will understand how providing a high standard of customer service can positively affect the business you are working within.
Your role within hospitality will demand an ability to create a connection with both internal and external stakeholders providing you with an opportunity to develop relationships that impact the lives of many.
You will be able to focus your studies on any of the following hospitality sectors:
- Accommodation services
- Customer service
- Commercial Cookery
- Computer and ICT
- Food and Beverage
- Food Safety and Gaming
Who's It For?
The Certificate III in Hospitality is for you if:
- You seek a career where the options are endless to work in restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, festivals, catering operations and cafés.
- You want to gain the skills and knowledge you need to prepare you to enter the Hospitality Industry and create successful career outcomes
- Creating a career with a work/life balance is attractive to you.
- You are willing and eager to learn and take on a role where you will be responsible for vital tasks within a business’s operations.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Reception front desk
- Gaming Attendant
- Bar Attendant
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Gold Coast
Duration and Study Load
- 12 months full-time
- 24 months part-time
- A program designed to suit your unique learning style with direct access to your Educator via the built-in chat function.
Nationally recognised qualification
- Nationally recognised by the Australian Government as meeting a set of standards that provide vocational outcomes and lead to employment.
Leading industry experts
- Fun and friendly Educators who understand you and are committed to your learning experience.
- Students who are not currently working within a hospitality service role must undertake a minimum of 36 service periods (or shifts) of volunteered vocational placement in an approved workplace to complete their qualification.
Certificate 3 Guarantee
Certificate 3 Guarantee funding via the Queensland Government’s Skills Assure Program supports ELIGIBLE* students in obtaining their first post-school certificate III qualification. Students will be required to make a co-contribution fee (listed above) prior to the commencement of their course.
To be eligible for the program, you must:
- Be aged 15 years or over and no longer at school (with the exception of VET in School (VETiS) students).
- Permanently reside in Queensland.
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant). Temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency or a New Zealand citizen.
- Not hold and not be enrolled in a certificate III, or higher-level qualifications, not including qualifications completed
- Traineeships combine training with working in a real job with a real wage for a real boss. Trainees complete a nationally recognised qualification while learning valuable skills at work and under the guidance of a training organisation.
- Employers may benefit from state and Australian Government incentives for employing a trainee.
* Eligibility criteria apply to receive subsidised course fees and concessional status.
About College Australia
College Australia is a leading vocational education institution founded in 2005 on a vision and passion to provide high-quality training for students undertaking studies in vocational education.
We provide a range of qualifications that are relevant to the real world, easily accessible and create pathways to successful job outcomes. College Australia is registered with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA). This enables us to provide nationally recognised accredited qualifications that meet a set of standards and provide key vocational outcomes that lead to employment.
Our affiliations with various industry and educational networks ensure we’re at the forefront of current and trending industry knowledge and innovative technologies, which gives us the ability to support our students every step of their learning journey. We provide quality support services and networks and offer access to a thriving student community. We grow with our students as we tailor our innovative and focused education, and help find solutions for every stage of their career and workplace development.
Our qualifications range from entry-level Certificate II to management level Graduate Diplomas in the fields of:
- Business and Management
- Health Support and Community
- Hospitality and Tourism
Each of our qualifications is a stepping stone into a career or university pathway by boosting skills and knowledge to ultimately forge career success. Our Educators are experts in their field and are fully qualified, offering high-quality learning experiences for our students that are designed to meet each individual’s needs as they complete their journey with us.
Real Group Pty Ltd T/A College Australia is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #31222)