Get started in a career in aged care with the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support. This entry-level qualification is for anyone who wants to work in the aged care sector.
This course is suited to those who want a career change, are re-entering the workforce or want to kick off a meaningful and rewarding career with excellent employment prospects.
Qualified carers who work across jobs in health, aged care and disability care are in high demand, with the sector set to lead Queensland’s employment growth into 2021.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Personal care worker
- Community care worker
- Residential care worker
- Accommodation support worker
- Home carer assistant
- Disability support worker
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Sunshine Coast
Duration and Study Load
- 12 months
- This course is delivered via correspondence over approximately a 12 month period with 120 practical placement hours
- This is a paper-based method where you can study from in Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast. The learning material will be mailed out to you and you will be able to contact your trainer through email, phone or Skype
- To commence this program, your Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills must meet the required standards for ACSF LEVEL 2
- You need to provide a current National Police Check or you must provide evidence that you have applied for a police check in your respective state as soon as possible
A minimum of 120 working hours must be logged in a community care services organisation. For those not already employed, Royal College of Healthcare works closely with a number of sector employers to help secure learners their placement in an aged care facility.
About Royal College of Healthcare
Royal College of Healthcare is a leading Registered Training Organisation (RTO) delivering high quality, nationally accredited training in the aged and disability care sectors in Queensland. Our mission is to impact the community by developing future-ready professionals who value care and compassion.
With over 13 years of experience educating more than 6,500 learners, studying with Royal College means our learners benefit from our experience and innovative approach to learning and education. Our range of hands-on qualifications cater to every stage of the aged and disability care career path and are delivered by exceptional trainers who ensure learners are equipped with relevant knowledge and the confidence to excel. It’s never too late to pursue your dream career and help create a future filled with kindness, respect and compassion – enquire today.
Royal College of Healthcare is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO:31994)