Funded* aged care courses available for eligible students in Victoria! Invest in your future and follow your passion. Start your aged care career today!
Gain the skills and knowledge you require to start in the rewarding Aged Care industry by commencing your Aged Care training with Selmar. The Certificate III in Individual Support is an entry level qualification for those who want to work in Aged Care. Because of the rise in our ageing population, Aged Care work is one of Australia’s fastest growing industries. In fact, 830,000 Aged Care workers are needed by 2050. That’s a massive 272% increase.
This is a wonderful opportunity for people seeking a career change or those that are getting back into the workforce and are looking for meaningful employment. The Certificate III in Individual Support is designed to prepare candidates to work in the demanding Aged Care Industry.
Selmar offers Aged Care training through the workplace as well as on campus in Melbourne. Our experienced and supportive Aged Care facilitators will be with you every step of the way delivering quality and relevant learning opportunities.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Accommodation Support Worker
- Home Care Assistant
- Care Assistant
- Care Service Employees
- Personal Care Assistant
- Community Care Worker
- Community House Worker
- Personal Care Worker
- Community Support Worker
- Residential Care Worker
- Support Worker
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Workplace – 12 months
- Distance – 12 months
- To complete Selmar’s Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community), your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills must meet required standards for Certificate III level study.
- A current National Police Check will be required for practical placement in an Aged Care facility.
- Completion of a course requirement form.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Selmar Institute of Education provides Recognition of Prior learning.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) allows assessment of the student’s previously unrecognised skills and knowledge.
About Selmar Institute of Education
Selmar Institute of Education is one of Australia’s leading Registered Training Organisations (RTO), with over 15 years’ experience educating over 32,000 students.
As a specialist education provider in early childhood, before and after school and aged care, our human-centred training is designed to enable learners to gain the knowledge, professional skills and confidence to make a difference in these essential sectors. Providing fully-accredited blended courses for both distance and in the workplace, our learners gain sector relevant skills supported by real-life practical and hands-on experience.
Wherever our learners are on their learning journey, our structured yet unique approach supports each learner with their different needs and circumstances, ensuring they become equipped to make a positive, caring and compassionate impact to their personal and workplace environment. Our team of passionate, supportive and knowledgeable trainers can also help organise practical placement and are with learners from start to finish, helping unlock their potential, achieve their goals and thrive in their career.
Education inspired by care and compassion.
Selmar Institute of Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 121531)