Funded* aged care courses available for eligible students in Victoria! Invest in your future and follow your passion. Start your aged care career today!
Gain the skills and knowledge you require to start in the rewarding Aged Care industry by commencing your Aged Care training with Selmar. The Certificate III in Individual Support is an entry level qualification for those who want to work in Aged Care. Because of the rise in our ageing population, Aged Care work is one of Australia’s fastest growing industries. In fact, 830,000 Aged Care workers are needed by 2050. That’s a massive 272% increase.
This is a wonderful opportunity for people seeking a career change or those that are getting back into the workforce and are looking for meaningful employment. The Certificate III in Individual Support is designed to prepare candidates to work in the demanding Aged Care Industry.
Selmar offers Aged Care training through the workplace as well as on campus in Melbourne. Our experienced and supportive Aged Care facilitators will be with you every step of the way delivering quality and relevant learning opportunities.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Accommodation Support Worker
- Home Care Assistant
- Care Assistant
- Care Service Employees
- Personal Care Assistant
- Community Care Worker
- Community House Worker
- Personal Care Worker
- Community Support Worker
- Residential Care Worker
- Support Worker
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Workplace – 12 months
- Distance – 12 months
- To complete Selmar’s Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community), your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills must meet required standards for Certificate III level study.
- A current National Police Check will be required for practical placement in an Aged Care facility.
- Completion of a course requirement form.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Selmar Institute of Education provides Recognition of Prior learning.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) allows assessment of the student’s previously unrecognised skills and knowledge.
About Selmar Institute of Education
Selmar Institute of Education is one of Australia’s leading Registered Training Organisations (RTO), With over 10 years’ experience educating over 24,000 students.
Selmar delivers dynamic, fully-accredited courses in Early Childhood, Aged Care and Disability education. We offer high-quality training both on-campus, blended and in the workplace, ensuring students have a real-life hands-on experience to succeed in the industry. In fact, 39% of our campus students received an offer of employment while on placement.
As pioneers in the RTO industry, our approach to education and assisting students in Australia is second-to-none, and yet working with industry we continue to innovate. Our courses are flexible yet robust, and blend industry requirements with the content, policies and procedures to give our students the best opportunities to succeed.
Selmar students enjoy a positive, supportive learning environment, provided by passionate and knowledgeable trainers. Our course materials and trainers are adaptable to suit different student needs and lifestyles. Our practical, innovative programs provide a wealth of opportunities, helping students to unlock their potential and thrive in their chosen career.
Selmar Institute of Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 121531)