- This fee-for-service program is not eligible for government funding
If you have a passion for working with our precious older population or are interested in pursuing a career in this well-needed field, this course is for you. The course can be done completely online from anywhere in Australia. This is a highly comprehensive course with high-quality course materials and loads of additional slides, forms and resources supplied to you so that you are well prepared to start a career in Aged care.
This qualification addresses work primarily in residential facilities under direct or regular supervision within clearly defined organization guidelines and service plans.
- Carry out activities to maintain personal care and/or other activities of living for people in an aged care setting
- Carry out activities related to an individualised plan
- Report directly to a supervisor and are not responsible for other workers
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Assistant in nursing
- Care assistant
- Care worker
- Home care assistant
- In-home respite worker
- Support worker
- Aged Care worker
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
543 hours of self-paced study.
This course has no entry requirements, however, the ability to read, comprehend, discuss and analyse printed information in English and to write statements, solve basic problems and work effectively with clients, colleagues and supervisors are essential skills required to fulfil the work role.
You are required to complete 120 hours of compulsory work placement.
About Health Courses Australia
Health Courses Australia is a Registered Training Organisation offering Nationally Recognised Qualifications in Health, Aged, Counselling and Dental assistance. The main objective of Health Courses Australia is to ensure nationally recognised qualifications can still be done majorly via online or distance while still working within the boundaries of compliancy making them accessible to people living in remote areas, work at home mums or people who work full time or part-time and just cannot afford to attend a physical location for upskilling or entering into a new industry. We pride ourselves on the high level of student care we provide.
Health Courses Australia Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 32413)