Are you interested in a caring profession and prefer work that is hands-on? The CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community) is an ideal qualification if you’re interested in working as a Care Worker or similar in the aged care sector. As a professional in the field of aged care, you’ll have the opportunity to work across a variety of settings professionally – either in a residential or home and community environment.
This course will prepare you for a variety of entry-level work situations in the community services industry. Also included is a Work Placement component, designed to help ensure you gain the practical skills to be able to carry out your role as a Care Worker with confidence.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Community Support Worker
- Aged Care Worker
What You'll Learn
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Support independence and well being
- Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- Provide support to people living with dementia
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 12-18 months
- Upskilled always want to ensure that our students are enrolled in the right course for them. Enquire now to get more details.
By choosing Upskilled, you will gain access to supplementary resources that can help with your studies. These inclusions aim to enhance your online learning experience, making it interactive and engaging. These include:
- Access to Upskilled’s customised learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support Team
- Core and specialist trainers
- Online tutorials
Video content access to:
- LinkedIn Learning
Show Off Your Achievements with Upskilled Digital Credentials!
Students who successfully complete their qualification receive a digital badge from Upskilled to display on LinkedIn and other social media platforms, your resume and more. Our sharable badges are portable, verifiable credentials that validate your knowledge, skills and experience in the area of your studies.
Since you worked hard to earn it – why not show everyone your accomplishments?
Role-Playing and Interactive Learning Activities
This course comes with Interactive Learning Activities. Upskilled understands the importance of practical experience, so to complement the theory components of your course, our specialist trainers may run ad-hoc Interactive Learning Activities.
You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with other students – sharing questions, thoughts and ideas, as well as participating together in interactive learning activities.
While the Interactive Learning Activities are not mandatory, your participation is encouraged. You can receive some additional benefits and support, which may include:
- Having a study buddy where you can bounce off ideas and help each other with assessments.
- Online Classrooms where our specialist trainers can go over learning content that’s part of your course.
- Activities that relate to your assessments, which can help boost your knowledge and skills.
Additionally, role-playing is included in some of the learning areas of this course. It will also make up some of the practical elements of your assessments, including the assessments in your work placement.
This qualification will have you undertake work placement at a nominated host organisation approved by Upskilled.
Work placement has been specifically designed to help prepare you for potential career outcomes, giving you the opportunity to further implement and gain practical skills and valuable industry insights through a real-life workplace.
Your work placement will commence once you have completed most of the theory components of your course.
Here are some key requirements you should be aware of for the CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community):
- You will need to undertake a minimum of 120 hours of work placement
- It is your responsibility to source a suitable host organisation for work placement. Please note that this can take up to several weeks, so it is recommended to allocate sufficient time when sourcing host suitable organisations
- If you are unable to locate a host organisation, Upskilled’s Work Placement Officer can assist you in finding one. Please note that it is required to provide Upskilled with a list of host organisations who have declined your requests for work placement via MyUpskilled
- Once you have successfully secured a work placement with a host organisation, you will need to complete the Work Placement Agreement Form and submit via MyUpskilled. Please note that Upskilled must approve the Work Placement Agreement before you start your work placement
To meet the work placement requirements for this course, you may need to undertake a placement within 2 organisations to allow exposure to both residential aged care and community care settings.
Recognition of Prior Learning
- You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) provided that you have supporting evidence of any prior education and work experience. This can either reduce your study load or shorten the duration of your course. Prior to enrolment, please speak with your Education Consultant for further details
- After enrolment, you can download the application from MyUpskilled, or on request from Student Support. A trainer will be assigned to assess your eligibility for RPL and/or CT
Upskilled is Australia’s pre-eminent provider of qualifications at certificate and diploma level. We specialise in the online delivery of nationally accredited courses in key industries, ensuring that every learning experience is an investment in career opportunity. Upskilled is proud to be synonymous with outcomes that skill the economy, support the community, and reward our graduates on both a personal and professional level.
At the heart of Upskilled is a commitment to exploring the training opportunities made possible by the digital age. As the internet revolutionises the educational playing field, the rules of student engagement must evolve just as quickly.
Upskilled understands that instant access does not equate to instant knowledge. We understand that a new kind of student requires a new style of learning.
At its heart, learning is an interaction. For that reason, the tools that deliver effective skills learning must be interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.
Upskilled Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 40374)